Thread: Considering buying a 2012 upwards Polo GTI.

Users Country Flag

Post Considering buying a 2012 upwards Polo GTI.

Hello,

I have always been an avid VW fan and loved the car ever since I was a teen. I have never owned a Polo, but as mentioned previously I'm seriously considering buying a polo GTI but with all the DSG issues and engine issues I am concerned. Would this be a good purchase? New or used? And finally if not a VW Polo GTI then what else should I consider that will pack the same punch?

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Save your pennies and get the newer model with the much better 1.8T engine. I would still avoid the DSG though as they still have issues.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I agree with Lucas, avoid the 1.4 engine. Ours has been fitted with the new oil squirters and is much better. It's a 2013 model and build.
    Late 2013 ones are meant to be better, but you would need to check with a decent VW garage to make sure it is the most up to date spec.
    If we were to change just now, I would certainly look at the 1.8 GTI. As the fit and finish on them is great. Though long term, our plans are to move up to the Golf GTI/R.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, go the newer 1.8t Polo GTI if you need to get a Polo. If you are looking to buy new and aren't in a hurry, I'd be waiting for the 2018 Fiesta ST.
    MY18 Passat 206tsi R-Line | Harvard Blue | Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all your advice. I know the Fiesta ST is a little pocket rocket a friend has one.