Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got wheel spacers....?

Users Country Flag

Anyone got wheel spacers....?

I was just wondering if anyone as installed spacers on their pog? I wanna get the rear ones done but didnt know how wide i can go. Was thinking 10mm.

If anyone has them, care to lik pics or give any advice?

Cheers
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I installed 10mm on both axles.

I found a worse response on the steering wheels: the car is less responsive, seems that you need to turn more the steering to have a pair response on the road...
    Aesthetically of course it looks better, only now it seems that a lowering of the back of the car is needed, more than before...

To improve the response while turning I think I'll try to install 5mm at front axle, letting 10mm back...

Here's a couple of pics:

Last edited by kawabanga; 29-05-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kawabanga View Post

I found a worse response on the steering wheels: the car is less responsive, seems that you need to turn more the steering to have a pair response on the road...
    Yep - poking out the front wheels more increases the scrub radius which borks up your steering response. Plus they're illegal in most states in Australia.
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    Yep - poking out the front wheels more increases the scrub radius which borks up your steering response. Plus they're illegal in most states in Australia.
    The entire GTI is illegal over 4.000rpm...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kawabanga View Post

Aesthetically of course it looks better, only now it seems that a lowering of the back of the car is needed, more than before...

To improve the response while turning I think I'll try to install 5mm at front axle, letting 10mm back...

Here's a couple of pics:

Awesome thanks for the pics looks good. I was only interested in doing the rear. So it's illegal to install even on rear?
    You can get away with it easy enough.

Are they 10mm each?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassik View Post
    Awesome thanks for the pics looks good. I was only interested in doing the rear. So it's illegal to install even on rear?
    Aren't they illegal everywhere in Australia unless fitted standard?

Yes they are illegal but you'd be unlucky to attract attention driving a polo unless stupidity was involved.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ATYPIC View Post
    Yes they are illegal but you'd be unlucky to attract attention driving a polo unless stupidity was involved.
    Ehhh it aint a huge risk at all. It's not as if you can see a huge difference anyways.

Man I wish I got Xenons looks so much better!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassik View Post
    Ehhh it aint a huge risk at all. It's not as if you can see a huge difference anyways.
    I don't believe I stated it was a risk...in fact that is exactly what I was inferring, that it wasn't a risk

Users Country Flag

Formally is illegal also in Italy, but the imperative is not to stick out from the wheel house...
    10mm is not so much...

Consider that if a rim with a different offset is mounted, you could have the same problem: standard rims are ET46, Detroit rims are ET35, more than 10mm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast