Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warranty servicing

Users Country Flag

Warranty servicing

Not sure if its been covered, but if I choose to have my car serviced elsewhere (a licenced mechanic relative who will stamp books), will my warranty be covered if there are issues? That is if he uses the recommended oil etc?
    MY11 Polo GTI - Candy White

I would suggest you ask your mechanic relative. If he doesn't know I'd be concerned.

I recommend you read through your warranty documentation. At the end of the day your warranty is a legal document (that cannot override your Statuatory rights) that you should understand. It's also a good idea to have a friendly chat with your Dealerto understand their view and then assess. Hope this helps
    2011 Polo GTI - I have it, I Love It!!!!
    Candy White 5 Door, Comfort Pack, Audio Pack - RCD 510, Bi-Xenons, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snedden9485 View Post
    Not sure if its been covered, but if I choose to have my car serviced elsewhere (a licenced mechanic relative who will stamp books), will my warranty be covered if there are issues? That is if he uses the recommended oil etc?
    Just make sure that you keep the receipts and best buy the filters and other crucial parts from the dealer.

Users Country Flag
    When I purchased my Polo from Osborne Park, I was informed I could as long as my mechanic was licensed and used only Genuine parts.

By law, VW cannot void your warranty if your mechanic uses genuine,approved or equivalent parts. The only time the dealership MIGHT void it is when a non standard accessory is
    Proven to be at fault. Either way, the dealer gets reimbursed for whatever they do for warranty by VW.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    It's in the Service Book. Words along the lines of "Suitably Qualified Person". Does your relative have VCDS to do the scan? Proposed oil?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    By law, VW cannot void your warranty if your mechanic uses genuine,approved or equivalent parts. The only time the dealership MIGHT void it is when a non standard accessory is
    Proven to be at fault. Either way, the dealer gets reimbursed for whatever they do for warranty by VW.
    While they can't technically void the warranty, they can refuse to repair the car out of goodwill (at no, or partial cost), should the vehicle be out of warranty.

A car with spot-on dealer servicing will always be better looked after from a warranty sense after the warranty has run out.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by snedden9485 View Post
    The new cars I've owned I've always taken to a dealer when it was under warranty or soon afterward. The value of being able to say "well, you're the only ones who have touched the car" when negotiating a fix under warranty is quite high. In modern complex cars the ability to interogate the computers and upgrade the SW as required makes it really worth it. Changing the oil is a fairly small part of the overall equation. (If the dealer wasn't convenient then I'd have to weigh up the options).
    Polo 77TSI Comfortline with Sports, Audio, Comfort Packs in White.

Users Country Flag
    Will an after market air filter void the warranty? K&N assures me that it will not. Something that I have not asked my dealer yet.
    POLO 77TSI DSG 5D - MY11 - REFLEX SILVER - COMFORT PACK
    Engine - K&N Air Filter (e-2997)
    AV - Rockford Fosgate T1652-S , T1652 and P3L-S12 Sub. Alpine MRP-F600 and Alpine MRP-M500, Dynamat
    Planned - lots, but the "financial manager" says NO

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by broxigar1983 View Post
    Will an after market air filter void the warranty? K&N assures me that it will not. Something that I have not asked my dealer yet.
    It could, for your MAF sensor and if the engine is worn out prematurely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast