Support VWWC

Thread: BEST OPTION to replace dead HID Bulb in 6R GTI With OEM Xenon

Users Country Flag

BEST OPTION to replace dead HID Bulb in 6R GTI With OEM Xenon

Hi guys,

The drivers side headlight is out on my 2013 Polo GTI with OEM Xenon's.

What's the best way to go about a replacement?

Rang up the stealership and they quoted $408.95 for 1 gas filled bulb!

What are my options?

Happy to replace with aftermarket and buy them as a pair (so that I don't have colour mismatch issues) if it's still going to work out cheaper.
    Full APR Stage 2
    HP APR Exhaust | HP APR CAI | HP APR Intercooler | APR Tune

Users Country Flag
    Powerbulbs.com or Supercheap or Repco. Anywhere but a dealer

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Can recommend Osram Xenarc Nightbreaker. The globes look white when you look at them, but they have a white-yellow tinge on the road, not nearly as yellow as a halogen though, has the best visibility, but not for those who want extreme white light.

Also Osram Xenarc CBI (Cool Blue Intense). Globes look bluey-white when you look at them, but on the road it's extreme white. Due to the power of them you don't lose much luminous flux on the light spread. I think the testing done I saw on another forum it was 30 lumens less than the Nightbreaker.

My preference is visibility and safety hence the pick for me is the Nightbreakers. There is a seller in the UK, he sells both varieties for approximately $120 for a pair, and yes! they are genuine. The shipping to AUS took 7 days.. Shocked me. If you can go without the globe for a little bit, this is the best way.
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    Not sure what size the polo's bulbs are maybe D2S..? but here is a link to one of his products. 2 x D2S OSRAM Xenarc COOL BLUE INTENSE 6000K Light Xenon HID Car Bulb (TWIN) | eBay
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    I have a pair of brand new Morimoto D2S in 4500k colour temp (as close to OEM colour as you can get) which i never fitted to my car before i sold it. If these are the correct bulbs for your Polo then you are welcome to the pair for $100 and i can post them off next week express post.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I have a pair of brand new Morimoto D2S in 4500k colour temp (as close to OEM colour as you can get) which i never fitted to my car before i sold it. If these are the correct bulbs for your Polo then you are welcome to the pair for $100 and i can post them off next week express post.
    I require D3S apparently, as they're to go into the stock OEM Xenon headlights.
    Full APR Stage 2
    HP APR Exhaust | HP APR CAI | HP APR Intercooler | APR Tune