Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: All your MY12.5+ Bluetooth Touch Adaptor Answers

Users Country Flag

Got myself a bury cradle. Is there anyone in Canberra with VCDS to help me recode.
    Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Warning! Bury S9 active cradle to suit iPhone 5 model S9AAPIPHONE5 does NOT fit correctly!
    VW touch adapter has two grooves and two slot at top, bury s9 unit has one slot and does not seat correctly in base. Charging seemed to work but I have not recoded to test other features.
    The unit fails to lock correctly and with likely a poor connection I'd advise not buying this model.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

All your MY12.5+ Bluetooth Touch Adaptor Answers

I'm not sure what model iPhone you are referring to.
    I have fitted in my car a genuine THB Bury Series 9 cradle and an iPhone 5 model ND299x/a LTE bought unlocked through Apple Australia. As far as I know there is only one Australian model but some have carrier locks.

If anything, the cradle for the 9 fits more snugly into the baseplate than the iPhone 4 cradle - with a nice click from the baseplate lock - which is a good thing
    Mk8 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    I don't have a problem with the iphone 5 fitting in the cradle, my issue is solely with the cradle.
    It will not go all the way in and lock into baseplate, also it very hard to remove too after you try get it in. After inspecting it I realised it is different to the touch adapter and presumably the genuine VW iphone adapters as I previously had an iphone 4 genuine VW unit and had no issue fitting it. The bury unit I purchased is model number S9AAPIPHONE5 and as you can see from the photo the attachment is different? is yours a different model and does fit the baseplate correctly or you just pushed real hard?

Users Country Flag
    I've got the Universal XL cradle and it is also tight fitting. Its not really an issue..
    MY12.5 Candy White 5 door Polo GTI. Upgrades/Mods = RNS510 H LED, RVC camera, Auto Lights Dash Sound Actuator GTI button, Gavs Footrest(!)
    WIP = Miltek Turboback Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Red Stuff brake pads (Nov '13)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iigx View Post
    I've got the Universal XL cradle and it is also tight fitting. Its not really an issue..
    Thanks , if you look at the ones in this picture does yours have the VW style mount in green or the bury system 9 one in red?
    N.B. the two notches circled in yellow missing from the Bury unit to not fit in my car, I could carve them out with a dremmel though to make it fit properly? If there are non genuine Bury units that have the correct fitting that'd be good to know.

Though this raises a query, does the unit suit? it may be the wrong type, a change in adapter mount usually would mean different hardware?
    K

All your MY12.5+ Bluetooth Touch Adaptor Answers

My VW Touchadaptor model number is the same as yours, and both my iPhone 4 and 5 docks look the same as yours on the back, and they all fit. The bar code for my 5 dock is different, 3130000001119171, as is the date (16, not 15) not sure if that means anything though.

The top of the iPhone cradles do indeed have slightly different slots, but if you notice the slight recess around the curve - that's what grips on to the top of the cradle to lift it.

Do the square docks at the bottom look the same, and does it say System9 on the front?
    Mk8 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    Yes it does say system 9 on the front and it does have the same square docks on the bottom. I'm guessing the solution is to dremmel some grooves into the bury unit so it fits. Are the locating "bumps" on the base circled in yellow in this picture very worn on yours? mine may not be as I never used to take the thing in and out much.

Here's a video showing the difference between touch adapter and bury unit, I no longer have my Genuine VW iphone 4 handyadapter but it did also fit very well and easily like the touch adapter does.

My 4 didn't fit in too tightly, but I was able to click it in with a bit of a push down on the top of the baseplate at the back. It was certainly never as loose as the one in the video. It was never a very solid click though - and to be honest, I never thought it was about those grooves, but that it was slightly too tall to fit in, but it's hard to say.

My 5 has no issue with that at all though, and clicks straight in, no issues at all.

Users Country Flag

Hi readerr0r,

Nice thread and very comprehensive instructions. I think it depends on the build date of the car etc? Because I don't have the same options of 00, 01, 02 as you have shown in the screen.

I had someone with a cable come by and help me out and we tried to code out the adaptor and it always says code 'accepted' but it still remains the same numbers when we reconnect the cables to double check the coding.

Then after a while VW Phone poped up, my phone connected to it but for this to happen I have to keep the Voice-Touch adaptor connected as well. Is this how you have it setup?

I have no other way but it now connects directly to the RCD510 but the Voice Touch still in place. I had to return my iPhone 5 adaptor as we result (and it didn't fit well anyway) as shown in the later pictur

Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Here's some pretty pictures, because someone who doesn't own a Polo said so

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast