Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 77TSI manual - good buy?

I glued a small piece of neoprene rubber on the edge of the console, so it doesnt hurt my leg there. Works a treat

The biggest issue as said by many is the timing chain tensioner failure which is of course catastrophic. There was a recall for this, I bought my 77tsi manual with the work done only 10k prior to my purchase #win.

The waste gate actuator can also rattle, there was also a recall for this from memory, but I know that there are shims made to fix the issue, it's really only a nuisance, and only when revving while stationary.

Lastly the fuel line can rattle, this is incredibly irritating but very trivial. Can be fixed with some foam, sounds like the engine is knocking but it's only the fuel line.

Users Country Flag
    I guess the timing chain issues are why the 6C update with 81TSI now have reverted to timing belt like on the Mark7 Golfs. From what I've read it is a completely different engine with different bore/stroke, induction/exhaust swapped sides of head and not just a spec change
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Yes
    There are vast difference to the 81 from the older 77TSi, but there is also a new 77 version basically the same as the 81 as well as a low output (maybe 63kW IIRC)
    Things like the exhaust manifold are cast into the head, it is a 4 valve motor, old was 2 valve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12