Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6R GTI DSG fluid screw up help

Users Country Flag

6R GTI DSG fluid screw up help

Hey, so ive got a 2013 Polo GTI with the 7 speed DSG and i need to refill the transmission fluid (not the megatronics fluid).

Yes i know the fluid is a life time fill item and yes i know i should never have to touch it but i have to refill so thats what im doing

Im going to go to VW to see if i can get 2 litres of oil and if i cant FUCHS and Liqui-Moly do a 75w-90 GL4 fluid to suit.
    I just want to make sure im looking at the right diagram to refill it. Below is the refill procedure im using. Is this right? Or should i just refill it through the breather hole? Im going to put exactly 1.7litres in.

6R GTI DSG fluid screw up help-img_0158-jpg

Thanks Blake

Users Country Flag
    Yes, via the breather with the special tool.

I think I paid about $50 for mine from VW.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Great! Can it be done without the special tool?im just thinking if i cant get one from VW this morning. Also does VW have this fluid usually in stock? Or do you use an aftermarket brand?

Users Country Flag
    It'll be overnight from Sydney.

You may get lucky and be able to jam a piece of hose over the fitting.

The oil is nothing special, just 75W90 full-synthetic gear oil.

Ive done it. I got the oil from VW and spoke to the service manager and he said to just pull the cover off and put it in. So thats what i did..... Same as what was in the image above. Seems to be all good. Haven't done a proper drive yet just up and down my basement but all seems to be fine.
    Thanks for your replies though made me feel better about it all. There doesn't seem to be many people that can give you any help on this. I just kept being told 'you cant do it yourself' well turns out you can and its not really any harder than an engine oil change

Also one other question I had was is there anyway I can ensure the amount of oil is correct and it's all good to go? If it's not will the car shift like crap or make noises or anything?
    I've taken it for a drive and it runs and changes smoothly but I feel if it's not done right it'll take a little before things start screwing up.....

Users Country Flag
    The oil you're changing is not the DSG oil, but the gear oil for the diff.

You probably won't get the full 1.7L in, but you'll get pretty close.

I got the full 1.7 in and could've gone heaps more... the selector area once the cover is off is a big area that you could fill with heaps of fluid but i only put 1.7 as stated everywhere that ive read. I did pull 1.9l of oil out so i think Ve may have overfilled it when i have the clutch pack replaced 18 months ago

Supposed to have 1.9L of oil in it, they updated the capacity following a campaign that was carried out.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Mmmm right... is there somewhere i can find that info?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast