Support VWWC

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2015 GTi DSG - Thunk/thump when shifting from 2nd to 3rd

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Mate, you are just lucky so far. Lets hope it stays that way for you.

I have 5 friends (and none of them are on this forum) who have between them had 4 full DSG gearbox replacements and 8 (YES 8 ) clutchpack replacements ..... 1 Polo GTI, 2 x MK6 TSI AND 2 x MK7 TSIs !!!! ..... Not to mention 2 full engine replacments on the twin-charge GTI and 1 of the MK6's.

This well documented problem has not been resolved at all despite what VW is telling prospective buyers ....

What is worse is that I recommended the 2 MK6 buyers into their cars and tried to discourage the MK7 buyers. In the case of the MK7s, the answer was: "My dealer said the problems have been fixed, she'll be right mate ...."

Needless to say none of them will buy VW again.
    Hi Sharkie... can you do me a huge favour... can you please gather some of the information relating to your friends issues and post them on this thread I started ?

Just need the facts on kms, type of car, issue and fix (or not) not much more... would really appreciate it.

Polo 7 Speed DSG Mechatronic and/or Clutch Failures - Please... please share yours !
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Users Country Flag

Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa!!!

Sadly have to add my name to this list - Ordered and collected a new PGTi and noticed an odd sounding noise on downshifting - was told this is quite normal.

I then put on about 800km on the car, booked it in, and got a call to say that the vehicle has experienced a mechatronics dsg failure and that the unit will need to be replaced.

I refuse to accept this - and they have ordered me a new vehicle now.

What is even more concerning however is the fact that they gave me another Polo GTi with 1750km on ... I drove it for about 500/600 km, and BOOM - same issue.

Took this car mentioned above to a DIFFERENT dealership today , and service manager confirmed - that THUDDING between 2&3 is NOT normal - and that this one has probably also failed or will fail soon.

In this thread I read somewhere that the issue goes away with higher engine temps - to a certain degree I will agree with this - but if you know how to, it can be reproduced on demand!

I am at the point now, where I have told VW SA that if this new, replacement unit they have ordered ALSO does it - I want the deal to be revoked entirely.

Waiting to hear more from you boys!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516