Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 Polo GTI Real World Fuel Consumption

Users Country Flag

2015/16 Polo GTI Real World Fuel Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by bigwalker View Post
    Thanks for all the info... Looks like its not too far from the rest of you here... Maybe it will be better sooner or later...
    Hey,

Checked the GTI car page again this morning, 947km driven, 7.9L/100km fuel consumption.

For the manual the biggest tip I can give is remember this rule 20km/h = 2nd, 30km/h = 3rd, 40km/h =4th and so on. The engine has so much torque that it just pulls effortlessly between 1k and 2k revs.
    *edit*

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden337 View Post
    Hey,

Checked the GTI car page again this morning, 947km driven, 7.9L/100km fuel consumption.

For the manual the biggest tip I can give is remember this rule 20km/h = 2nd, 30km/h = 3rd, 40km/h =4th and so on. The engine has so much torque that it just pulls effortlessly between 1k and 2k revs.
    *edit*
    They are my economy driving shift points as well (no passengers / flat road) but please don't do that with a new engine. It will bite you later on.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They are my economy driving shift points as well (no passengers / flat road) but please don't do that with a new engine. It will bite you later on.
    I've heard of someone (not in this forum) that shifts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd normally then goes straight into 6th for max fuel efficiency!!

Never of this before but they say they don't refuel for nearly 3 weeks during travels to work.

Users Country Flag
    My MY16 has done 7,800 and Im getting 6.7-6.8 each week which includes both urban/freeway driving as well as plenty of squirts.

I often short shift as others have said the thing is a torque monster.

Dont nanny the car early on otherwise it wont free up.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwg View Post
    I've heard of someone (not in this forum) that shifts to 1st, 2nd and 3rd normally then goes straight into 6th for max fuel efficiency!!

Never of this before but they say they don't refuel for nearly 3 weeks during travels to work.
    Maybe they only live 5km from work?

I often skip a gear going up or down through the box: 1,2,4,6; 1,2,3,5; etc. There's lots of lazy torque to play with.

I can stretch to 10 -12 days (to match the fuel price cycle in Sydney) between fills on a 55L tank doing 500km/week. Managed my all time record last week of 853km between fills. 800km+ is fairly normal if I don't get stuck in any traffic jams.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    My old Mk6 Golf R which was stage 2+ tuned averaged 9.5L per 100km with 90% of those trips being short (under 20mins).

My current Golf Mk6 GTI which is stage 2 tuned averages around 8L per 100km with the same sort of driving conditions as above. Both cars get driven sensibly (with mechanical sympathy) but the turbo is there for a reason - and it gets used.

No doubt your consumption will settle once you get a few more km's on the engine.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Maybe they only live 5km from work?

I often skip a gear going up or down through the box: 1,2,4,6; 1,2,3,5; etc. There's lots of lazy torque to play with.

I can stretch to 10 -12 days (to match the fuel price cycle in Sydney) between fills on a 55L tank doing 500km/week. Managed my all time record last week of 853km between fills. 800km+ is fairly normal if I don't get stuck in any traffic jams.
    They Live about 15 kms from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

2015/16 Polo GTI Real World Fuel Consumption

I was having a think about this thread and thought, hey yeah I used to bring each gear up to high revs for every single gear in my Holden Cruze SRIV. Why am I driving so differently... Then I remembered that the top of second gear is loss of license territory... Now I remember

Users Country Flag
    I drove a dsg courtesy car recently and noticed its consumption was massively better than what I get with my manual. So I started to drive mine with dsg shift points, you need to change into 2nd as soon as the clutch is let out, 3rd is pretty much the same.... its damned painful trying to accelerate a 6 speed manual with just over 2000rpm shift points. I'm just doing it for 2 tanks to see how good I can get it... but I'm still not close to the DSG. I reckon I might end up with maybe 30km better range. Not worth the effort. I'm not exactly comparing apples and apples with a 2011 77tsi and a 2015 81tsi though and I do have taller tyres so my kms are slightly longer than stock. Making a conscious effort at coasting etc my range is showing 640kms. The dsg was showing over 700 without doing anything special. Only another 240kms to go before I can start driving on normal again

Users Country Flag

Poured my first fill up yesterday 43L. Took the tank to within 10kms range just to see what it was like. Got 485kms out of the tank that I was given from the dealer.

Will see what the second tank does.
    I'm soo euro even my missus is shaved...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast