Support VWWC

Thread: 1.6 tdi Stalls

Users Country Flag

1.6 tdi Stalls

Engine's been playing up a bit, stalling during the first 5-10 minutes of early morning driving.

As I come to the slowdown, a roundabout say, the engine stalls, coughs up a little. I then had to rev up a bit, then the engine's sort of ok, catches the gear and lurched.

Have taken it to service a couple of weeks ago but it there was no codes. EGR? DPF?

Where can I get a service or repair manual, it is a 2010 1.6tdi

cheers
    Last edited by Polojockey; 31-08-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Users Country Flag
    https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/sh...6B.ASTPERWEU01

You can buy time on erwin.

7 euros from memory.

download all the manuals that you can in an hour for you vehicle. then rip into anything else that might be useful to you. Until the clock runs down.

Bunged up EGR is likely if you do a lot of city miles but it runs well otherwise

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Gavin, will do. I've been reading a bit and thought maybe the EGR.

Have emailed darksidesdevelopment to see if they have something for me...

cheers

Users Country Flag
    Sounds alot like EGR, unfortuantely on your engine it's built into the cooler and can only be bought with the cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Sounds alot like EGR, unfortuantely on your engine it's built into the cooler and can only be bought with the cooler.
    Wouldnt it throw codes if the was a problem with the egr? I dont have any though

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Polojockey View Post
    Wouldnt it throw codes if the was a problem with the egr? I dont have any though
    The EGR is a valve, if it still moves teh ECU thinks it's good. It has no way to know it's blocked until it's severe and can't see a change in the exhaust.

You can't always take the ECU as gospel

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    The EGR is a valve, if it still moves teh ECU thinks it's good. It has no way to know it's blocked until it's severe and can't see a change in the exhaust.

You can't always take the ECU as gospel
    Just got the car back from service. They deleted then reinstalled the trans software, relearned it and the values they got was not quite to tolerance although it drives pretty smooth now. Have been quoted $2300 to replace the clutch pack and 7 hours labour. Exxy

Was told by the chief mech there that any egr blockages could be picked up by sensors which look at various pressures and temps values.

apparently the cause of the engine stall could be from wonky values from the gear box to the ecu and it's not happy...I don't really know tbh.

Users Country Flag

1.6 tdi Stalls

My TDI had the same stalling issue with exactly the same symptoms as yours. It was faulty injectors and they were replaced under warranty. No issues since.
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by alexaescht View Post
    My TDI had the same stalling issue with exactly the same symptoms as yours. It was faulty injectors and they were replaced under warranty. No issues since.
    That's good to know, thank Alex., atm it is going great again but I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately warranty died a while ago.

cheers mate