Support VWWC

Thread: Wiring Problem

Users Country Flag

Wiring Problem

Hi
    I have a 2008 Polo, I have cut all the wires behind the stock head unit to install an aftermarket one, stupid me I know, I should have bought a aftermarket harness but Ive always had a toyota and things were easy,
    My ABS, power steering, Hand break light are now always on, I know before there was constant 12v wires but now no more, the cigarette lighter socket still works but my car is stuffed, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    2 of those wires behind the dash are CANbus communication wires. Never snip those. Ever.

Looks like you'll need to crimp them all back together, replace some fuses, and clear all the fault codes.

Then go buy an adaptor harness for it.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok thanks, tested all fuses on the side panel there all working, by anychance do you or anyone out there have a picture of how it all should look stock,
    Thanks

Mine is a 06 model if it makes a difference and I completely cut the the wiring harness and hard wired mine straight in and never had a problem found the right wires and works perfect and turns off when the key is removed