Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whiteline front rear sway bar kits

Users Country Flag

I've got another forum member on first refusal at $120 cleaned and packed, you pay postage or pick up from Liverpool or Penrith NSW.

Users Country Flag
    All good mate. Keep me posted anyway I'm still interested!

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to necro with a silly question but I just bought the 22 m front bar and wonder whether I need end links or is that the rear only? Are there any other bits other than bushings I will need to do the install?

Quote Originally Posted by flaky View Post
    Sorry to necro with a silly question but I just bought the 22 m front bar and wonder whether I need end links or is that the rear only? Are there any other bits other than bushings I will need to do the install?
    To fit the front sway bar you need to lower the sub frame to run it through. You can run factory sway bar links without a problem. The problem will come pending ride height as the bar can hit the drive shafts under compression. It's no problem if the car isn't super low.

The other consideration is the rest of the suspension set up. Typically you don't want to run a bigger front bar without running a much firmer set up in the rear as you'll get more understeer.

My track polo has the larger front bar done by previous owner, if it wasn't a PITA job to drop the subframe, I'd put the factory bar back on. As it is, I'll run firmer rear springs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12