Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whether to buy a 9n3 GTI?

Users Country Flag

Yes. I'd like to hear about any issues with the MCAs too as I have been considering them again
    Last edited by kaanage; 24-02-2017 at 08:02 AM.
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    The only detractor to the colt (leaving looks aside),
    aint that the truth!
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag
    yeah butt ugly and the rake of the windscreen puts the pillar (A pillar?) right in front of your line of sight on any sort of bend forcing you to have to physically look around it.

Mate you can see from the responses on this forum that if you do go with a Polo your going to get a tonne of help/support too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    Yes. I'd like to hear about any issues with the MCAs too as I have been considering them again
    Louis had a bad run with his. The struts (all 4) were way over pressured. Springs were correct rating, same as Gavin's but the car was rock hard. Changing the rebound made zero difference. MCA had the car back a few times, apparently checked all specs and apparently were the same as Gavin's, but it drove awful.

Other mates with them have had some niggles/knocks and issues and MCA have been quick to address and provide support. Though that has required taking the car to get sorted. I know a few guys with MCA, most have been fine, but a few have had to go back more than once.

Louis and I run H&R coilovers. pending exchange rate and import GST, you're looking at $1500-$1800 imported. Sourcing locally over $3k.

To the original poster, there's also Honda Integra Type S...
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag

I used to have an integra type s, very different type of fun, nowhere near as fast as a stage 2 Pog though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12