Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to purchase a down pipe?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amdeman View Post
    Hi team, time to start looking at down pipe options.
    If I'm not mistaken Milltek are the preferred item? Open to suggestions, and experience.
    Also where to purchase one from a company that will send to New Zealand?
    TIA.
    Google tells me that there are several custom exhaust shops in Auckland. Why don't you go visit one or two of them and get a quote. https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...haust+auckland
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Google tells me that there are several custom exhaust shops in Auckland. Why don't you go visit one or two of them and get a quote. https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...haust+auckland
    Thanks for that, I'll look into it.
    Would anyone else from NZ like to look into this as well?

Users Country Flag
    Amdeman, I'm in NZ too and ended up buying a Milltek decat down pipe from eBay seller junction26m1, allthough direct, not via eBay. If you do that, they knock the VAT off but it was £99 to post. I also had them send me a dv008 in the same package at a good price. They were great to deal with and good value and the down pipe is a quality unit. Took about 10 days to get here. Unfortunately NZ customs screwed me out of about another $180.

I'm very happy with the pipe coupled with Gavin's custom code phase 2 tune, which eliminates the CEL due to the missing cat. Here in clean green NZ, you don't need a cat on pre 2010 cars. It was considerably louder though...surprising how much the cat muffles the sound. Just this week I had a resonator installed in the centre section, so it's suddenly a lot more civilised. Some of the polos have a resonator and some don't apparently.

Louis19 raises a good point re 3" though...depends how wild you ultimately want to go.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PoloGIT View Post
    Amdeman, I'm in NZ too and ended up buying a Milltek decat down pipe from eBay seller junction26m1, allthough direct, not via eBay. If you do that, they knock the VAT off but it was £99 to post. I also had them send me a dv008 in the same package at a good price. They were great to deal with and good value and the down pipe is a quality unit. Took about 10 days to get here. Unfortunately NZ customs screwed me out of about another $180.

I'm very happy with the pipe coupled with Gavin's custom code phase 2 tune, which eliminates the CEL due to the missing cat. Here in clean green NZ, you don't need a cat on pre 2010 cars. It was considerably louder though...surprising how much the cat muffles the sound. Just this week I had a resonator installed in the centre section, so it's suddenly a lot more civilised. Some of the polos have a resonator and some don't apparently.

Louis19 raises a good point re 3" though...depends how wild you ultimately want to go.
    AWESOME! Thank you for letting me know.
    What was the total cost?
    Which Milltek part number?

Really keen to get this sorted.

How did you find the differences?
    Last edited by amdeman; 22-08-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Users Country Flag
    How the same or different is the mk4 gti's exhaust setup? I've found someone selling a mk4 gti dump and just wondering if it would fit on my POG?

Users Country Flag
    No won't fit. You need a dedicated polo one from milltek or custom if you want something bigger than 2.5in.

Has anyone got a downpipe recently in Sydney? I was quoted $1500 for a SS 2.5 inch DP with hi flow cat today. Its a highly reputable workshop but price is on the high end. $2200 for a turbo back.

Ebay downpipe options at the moment are scorpion, piper, miltek and a few other places. Can be landed here for under $1000 for just the DP and cat. Add installation labour.

My current location is Homebush.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grant; 23-05-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah sounds a bit pricey just for a dump + cat. Theres not a lot of materials there really and the labour would be higher for rear section id have thought with all trhe bends and angles etc. I'd shop around and if going custom I'd go 3in any day. For 2.5in you may as well just buy a Milltek.
    Look in the classifieds. Harding performance had a full milltek for sale I hink.

Users Country Flag
    Couldn't edit my post from phone for some reason but just wanted to add that the one I plan to get is the catless model, SSXSE141

Users Country Flag

you guys are so lucky you can do that. I'd do that too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast