Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you love about your Polo?

What do you love about your Polo?

I was just interested to find out what everyone loves about their Polo? This doesnt just have to be about GTI's in particular. Can be any model variant with the Polo. Why did you decide to buy a VW Polo instead of another car?

I'll go first. I did my homework and had considered a few other cars but the Polo GTI always came out on top when I thought about it. Good resale value, looked like a mini Golf GTI, excellent value for money, it was very good on petrol, insurance was so much cheaper than my S14A 200SX and it had a bit of grunt for when those times came I along I still wanted to have fun.

I wasn't really looking to mod my GTI. If I wanted to buy a car that had modding potential I probably wouldnt have chosen the GTI. There are go fast bits available for it but lets face it, modding a european car isn't exactly cheap. For the 200SX there are endless performance parts for them plus lots of people know how to make the SR20DET very quick. But! I'm very happy with the purchase. You cant beat the Pogo for bang for your buck for the type of car that it is. I made the right choice.

Sorry for the long post! Anyone else care to share?
    Revotechnik stage 1 flash, BC Sports coilovers, Lenso Type M's, APR R1 diverter valve

I spent 8 months of 05 wanting nothing else but a Cooper S. I had my test drives, my quotes, my finance. Then I woke up. I just couldn't say my life would be great by spending that much money on a car. I still want one, and will still own one later down the track. So BMW if your listening, KEEP BUILDING THEM

But then the MINI2 guys said "Hmm... looking at your predicament... how about the new VW Polo GTi?", and as a side note my lap times at Wakefield were quicker then the bloke who was the very first to suggest it but I digress. From that moment on I was sold, I read everything I could about them. When I saw my first MKV Golf it didn't do it for me, it was that loutish red and had the yuck Scottish tartan seats and it was bigger then I wanted. But the Polo GTI is such an awesome car. As much as I love seeing another Polo GTI on the road, because they are probably from a forum and I know them; I love owning a car that I know wont see any others in a week.

The car is a sensation. Last years sales figures showed only about 2100 VW Polo's were sold. Between VWwatercooled and the Tex, I can't imagine to many more Polo GTI's on the road. Out of the 6-7 I've seen on the road only one hasn't belonged to some from the forums.

All the other reasons are the technical reasons we all bought them, well except the fuel savings for the TDI guys Would be cool to get a Polo GTI GTG on Macq Pass.

aus liebe zum automobil

Users Country Flag
    well no, the sheer drivability of the TDI got me, but dad wanted a nice grunty little car that wasnt a 2 door. So the TDi it was and dam it was a great choice... quick for what it is, dam good on fuel, handles pretty well love it
    my polo i got cos i wanted a VW and for the money it was the best value, low kms on the market.. its pretty nippy though i love the size (also meens i dont havta transport friends ) and it drives pretty dam good!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Oh and I LOVE the heated leather seats in Winter

aus liebe zum automobil

^^^

I thought the heated leather seats were a total wank ..... until I used them the first time One of life's little luxuries.

Oh, I also like its chuckability...and as soon as I tune it's suspension to cut back that understeer, I'll like it even more

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo
    ^^^

I thought the heated leather seats were a total wank ..... until I used them the first time One of life's little luxuries.

Oh, I also like its chuckability...and as soon as I tune it's suspension to cut back that understeer, I'll like it even more
    How can a Canberra owner think heated seats are a wank?

aus liebe zum automobil

Quote Originally Posted by FL00DY

Out of the 6-7 I've seen on the road only one hasn't belonged to some from the forums.

Just goes to show then most owners are enthusiasts! And we know we're onto a good thing!
    Revotechnik stage 1 flash, BC Sports coilovers, Lenso Type M's, APR R1 diverter valve

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SidGTi
    Just goes to show then most owners are enthusiasts! And we know we're onto a good thing!
    u dam rite
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

loni Guest

Smile I have a reflex silver TDI and its got grunt, good on diesel I luv it

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan
    well no, the sheer drivability of the TDI got me, but dad wanted a nice grunty little car that wasnt a 2 door. So the TDi it was and dam it was a great choice... quick for what it is, dam good on fuel, handles pretty well love it
    my polo i got cos i wanted a VW and for the money it was the best value, low kms on the market.. its pretty nippy though i love the size (also meens i dont havta transport friends ) and it drives pretty dam good!

I am new at this anyway hellow every one. just wanted to say I have a little Polo TDI, reflex silver when its clean, and I get the 900km out of it. Went to Brisbane recently and joined the Gold Coast drive, by the way I was the only TDI and at the tail. By the time I came home again I had done 800km and still a was not in the red. A great car

Welcome loni. Dam 900kms to a tank. well i have a good week if i get half of that. sometimes i get even less than half. Anyway welcome once again. Enjoy your stay.
    For Sale 2006 VW Polo GTI
    Have a Look
    CUSTOM CODE
    Phase 2

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast