Page 719 of 736 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 7352

Thread: What did you do to your Polo today?

Users Country Flag

Got a "scratch" from an engineer at my work today

Users Country Flag
    Looks like it will buff right out

Users Country Flag
    Nah the door panel is warped and bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolust View Post
    Hey dude,

Did you get the comfort or sport kit?

I've been looking at a set of these and what to know what they're like
    Only just saw this. I'm a bit sporadic on here these days.

I got the comfort kit. I'm fairly happy. They lowered a bit without drawing too much attention. The handling definitely improved, but they are also a bit more crashy/bouncy over bumps than stock.

It's hard to review really because my only point of reference is the stock suspension. I don't regret them.

Been doing a lot of reading on engine tuning lately and the deeper I go in the more I realise the tune on my car was so awfully done

So I've decided to make my own tune, it's a really huge subject so I'm taking my time

No progress yet only been reading and comparing maps from different engines

Only fiddled with the Launch Control with negative outcome on the drag strip so far
    Well at least I get a baseline for this tune and any future tunes should give batter time than this

A lot more reading is required to make a good tune
    Last edited by TDIfan; 07-01-2017 at 12:19 AM.
    06 Polo TDi

I got my gti tuned last night by the unequalled skills of Gavin. I thought I would get a nice performance boost... now my car is easily the most fun vehicle I have ever been in. It is nothing short of incredible in terms of additional power and torque, and if the computer is correct, slightly better fuel economy. Best money I have ever spent, I could not recommend higher.

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Been doing a lot of reading on engine tuning lately and the deeper I go in the more I realise the tune on my car was so awfully done

So I've decided to make my own tune, it's a really huge subject so I'm taking my time

No progress yet only been reading and comparing maps from different engines

Only fiddled with the Launch Control with negative outcome on the drag strip so far
    Well at least I get a baseline for this tune and any future tunes should give batter time than this

A lot more reading is required to make a good tune
    There's a few facebook forums for tuning info, Guild of EFI tuners and high performance academy. HPA also provide tuning tutorials (at cost). I'm just not sure the differences in tuning diesels Vs petrol, could be chalk and cheese for all I know.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Albrisbane View Post
    I got my gti tuned last night by the unequalled skills of Gavin. I thought I would get a nice performance boost... now my car is easily the most fun vehicle I have ever been in. It is nothing short of incredible in terms of additional power and torque, and if the computer is correct, slightly better fuel economy. Best money I have ever spent, I could not recommend higher.
    Thanks for that, really appreciate the kind words.

@seangti, this man wants all your cast offs if the silver car comes apart.

Users Country Flag
    Did tie rods and tie rod ends last night. Job made super easy by using this tool that I borrowed from a mechanic mate. Hollow tube fits over the tie rod (once the tie rod end is removed), the nuts do up against the bolt faces and then you put a spanner on the end. too easy when you have the right tools. To get the tie rod off (once the boots and tie rod end removed) and new one on took no more than 5 mins. here are some pics for anyone interested.
    What did you do to your Polo today?-img_2385-jpgWhat did you do to your Polo today?-img_2382-jpgWhat did you do to your Polo today?-img_2384-jpg

Banged my lights that had "burnt out" and they mysteriously came back to life...

...read my thread

Page 719 of 736 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729 ... LastLast