Page 723 of 736 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 7352

Thread: What did you do to your Polo today?

Users Country Flag

we had a sneaky drive around the block yesterday

Users Country Flag
    roadworthied last night, Focus went today, rego on Tuesday...

Users Country Flag
    registered - wife has taken it shopping....

after leaving Vicroads I went to put some fuel in it, finished filling, put the nozzle back on the pump, got distracted, got in the car and drove off - I was on the Freeway and realised I hadn't paid - oh *****!! they were just about to call the cops when I got back there!

short shift kit installed today the size of the oem one compared to the new. New mtl gearbox oil aswell. Ordered new Tip and in amungst designing bottom half of intake.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    hey mate after you install it do this procedure: YouTube

then when its setup stick it into third gear and check that your slider is nicely engaged in the channel of the quickshift linkage. Better yet if you have a second person they can go from third to fourth while you watch to make sure that your slider isn't nearly popping out the end of the channel. If you see any dramas drop me a line and i'll tell you what bits you need to sort it if that's happening.

Brought the polo to the track for first time in life, big fun. Setted the rear toe incorrectly to 1 degree toe out while I was only trying to get zero toe, because the alignment guy made a mistake when writing it down. Driving with it on the road is still quite ok but on the track it another story… Had a moment trying to correct an snap off oversteer and I spun the car. It was a lot to take in for the first time, but it got better lap by lap, just trying where the limits are. So for that night got a 1:20 as my fastest lap. Went back the the track few nights after for a tuning night and think I've got some better laps. Though tuning nights/days are not time so I'll need to check my gopro to get an idea of the lap time.
    06 Polo TDi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Brought the polo to the track for first time in life, big fun. Setted the rear toe incorrectly to 1 degree toe out while I was only trying to get zero toe, because the alignment guy made a mistake when writing it down. Driving with it on the road is still quite ok but on the track it another story… Had a moment trying to correct an snap off oversteer and I spun the car. It was a lot to take in for the first time, but it got better lap by lap, just trying where the limits are. So for that night got a 1:20 as my fastest lap. Went back the the track few nights after for a tuning night and think I've got some better laps. Though tuning nights/days are not time so I'll need to check my gopro to get an idea of the lap time.
    how did you set the rear toe?

I reckon you should leave it with the rear set to toe out, if you toe it in I bet you'll get really cranky with it understeering

Quote Originally Posted by simon k View Post
    how did you set the rear toe?

I reckon you should leave it with the rear set to toe out, if you toe it in I bet you'll get really cranky with it understeering
    Toe shims that sambb mentioned earlier this year, I bought them way early than he does and only got around to put them on this month.
    I like how the car reacts with toe out, but 1 degree is just too much for me. Entering a fast corner, reach down for the gear stick to down shift and the right hand is having trouble steadying the car. I'll just dial it back a little bit half a degree or something.
    06 Polo TDi

Users Country Flag
    I tell the drivers new to FWD not to try and correct lift off oversteer, just apply power and it will pull straight (some power, more power, lots of power). Can't steer out of, it too often leads to tank slappers.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TDIfan View Post
    Entering a fast corner, reach down for the gear stick to down shift and the right hand is having trouble steadying the car.
    change gear somewhere else in the corner, either on the way out or when you're braking - you're upsetting the balance by changing gear where you are, which would be part of why it's getting taily

Page 723 of 736 FirstFirst ... 223623673713721722723724725733 ... LastLast