Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Corrado TDI Owner Picks Up a 9n Polo 16V

Mk4 r32 rear rotors are a direct swap for the front of the polo. I found one one rockauto.com for $9 each, $30 shipped to use for my trial fitment. Next time I'll get Zimmerman now that I know they are a direct swap.

Any preference on which hawk pads for the street? The ceramic?

Users Country Flag
    Great find!
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

USA Corrado TDI Owner Picks Up a 9n Polo 16V

Thanks,

Today I pulled the starter and cleaned the bindex and regreased everything to get rid of the starter noise that seems fairly common to vw starters after 5+ years.

When pulling the starter I found the polo is like the mk4 and has a fuse box over the battery (a little more disguised), I haven't had a chance to look at the schematics yet but I bet the blown 40amp fuse is for the a/c

I pulled the gas door flap and cleaned the boot of dirt and overspray, in the process I pulled apart the door popper mechanism without paying full attention to what I was doing. I think the key to the mechanism is a ball bearing and a spring but the bearing is gone. I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow morning and who know maybe ebay.co.uk in the afternoon
    Last edited by G60ING; 01-12-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Awesome. Love that there is a polo or two in the US, great for confusing a new people I'm sure.

Loving the rado also.

Welcome.

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

USA Corrado TDI Owner Picks Up a 9n Polo 16V

I'm in an area where there aren't many vw enthusiasts and it goes unnoticed. I pulled into a vw dealer the other day to get a flat fuse and nobody noticed it.

I know there have been other Polos in the USA, I used to live in Norfolk/Virginia Beach which is a large military(Navy, Army, Air Force and NATO) and my friend at the dealer used to service a few of the NATO forces cars. Here is one that I spotted back in around 2003:

I received my rockauto.co.uk shipment of filters and a thermostat Friday. I have to say that this car has the best cabin filter setup, sure beats the mk4 Jetta/Golf setup. The thermostat on my car is stuck open, if I run the heat on the hwy the temp drops.

I love my oem parts but this is the best I could get, it was a balancing act to get all the items from one warehouse in the UK to keep the shipping charge low. The funny thing is that WIX is a US company in North Carolina.

Does anybody have a spare fuel door? I need to buy one since I buggered my gas door popper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12