Thread: Space in a Polo compared to Mk4 GTi

Users Country Flag

Space in a Polo compared to Mk4 GTi

Hi all

Long story short. had a Mk4 Golf GTI was in a accident and then bought a Civic. Civic is terrible and now im looking at getting back into a VW.

I cant find a nice Mk4 gti so im looking at the Polo GTI.

I need to know how is the space in the car. Are we able to fit a baby capsual in the back and is the boot big enough for a pram and stuff. Not essential as the Polo will be my day to day car for work. My wife has a Mazda 3 sedan which is big enough for us.

Just wondering on the odd occasion we will need to use the polo whether we will be able to fit it all in.

Users Country Flag
    Without testing the space of the car with the items you mention (no baby nor pram to hand, sorry,) I would think stuff like that would fit OK. I was surprised at how spacious the car feels inside, considering how small it is on the outside. Doesn't feel cramped at all. I've had 2 adult pax in the back, had to move the front seats forward one notch from where I like them, and the back-seaters said the room was adequate.

Bubs can also ride in the front seat, provided the airbag above the glovebox is dis-armed. (Easy turn-of-the-key operation.)
    2007 VW Polo GTi, white, standard. First registered in Japan, imported to NZ 2010. Owned since Dec/10. Love at first drive.

Users Country Flag
    yes can confirm both items are ok and fit. I have had two baby seats in the back also recently and that works. The boot is a tight fit for a single push chair, so you say pram which might be bigger, depends how it folds down.
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I ended up purchasing the Polo.

Not sure if you could turn off the passenger side airbag on oz-market Polos... I don't think you could

Users Country Flag
    dont think it matters as you cant have child seats up front in Aus/QLD i beleive. (but not 100%)
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sssstew View Post
    The boot is a tight fit for a single push chair, so you say pram which might be bigger, depends how it folds down.
    You can always fold down part of the rear seat to help fit the pram in (not great for every day but you said, this is for occasional use only)

Quote Originally Posted by sssstew View Post
    dont think it matters as you cant have child seats up front in Aus/QLD i beleive. (but not 100%)
    100% all states for any car with more than 1 row of seats
    Last edited by kaanage; 27-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Users Country Flag
    yes good point, thats how i fit my golf clubs in.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cool thanks Guys.

In the Polo where are the child seat anchor points.

Users Country Flag

on the back of the back seats (so in the boot under the parcel shelf)