Thread: siphoning the fuel tank

Users Country Flag

siphoning the fuel tank

can't seem to siphon out of the fuel tank. Hose goes well deep but stops short of the fuel - hitting a strainer perhaps? Didn't want to damage anything so didn't get too rough. Anyone siphoned the tank with success and if so how do you do it?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    can't seem to siphon out of the fuel tank. Hose goes well deep but stops short of the fuel - hitting a strainer perhaps? Didn't want to damage anything so didn't get too rough. Anyone siphoned the tank with success and if so how do you do it?
    disconnect fuel rail return under the bonnet or at the pump.

Then power up the fuel pump with 12 volts off a jumper pack or something.

In fact, you could probably just run the car and it would pump out at idle and stop when it's empty

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    hmmm need to dump nearly a full tank for an event tonight. That might be a bit dodgy in the work carpark. ill just have to have another crack at siphoning some out.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Disconnect fuel rail feed hose and run fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks fellas. that's what i'll do next time if I ever catch myself out like that again. No matter how long the lead time before an event I'm always in a mad rush and forget something. Honestly at 1 am as I was moving the car out onto the driveway (I get up for dayshifts at 4.30am) I realised that one of my main beams was out and then had to do a globe change cos the event I was running in is a twilight/night event. idiot. I ended up running fat and heavy but still did alright.