Thread: Had a prang, can you help please?

Users Country Flag

Had a prang, can you help please?

Hello all, well after two and a bit years I had a bit of a fight with a steep driveway in the rain and slightly pranged my beloved Pogo on front left (Steering side)

I've taken a photo but the lower black protective plate underneath where the paintwork stops has sprung out and needs probably replacing. I can get chips away to look at the paintwork no problem but I'm not quite sure where to head to get the black base recovered or repaired.

Can anyone help, sorry for the stupid question.

Cheers

The plastic section is a part of the front bumper.

You can follow the guide for the Forge front-mount intercooler to remove the bumper, from there you should be able to see how its been damaged and find a way to reattach.

Link to Front mount guide here

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks very much fella. I'm no mechanic so I'll be taking the car to an repairer I reckon but you've really helped as I know what is (and isn't) involved in fixing it now...

cheers!

sand back and repray and it'll be as good as new
    APR V2 | APR Downpipe + custom catback | APR solid mount | FMIC | SEAT intake | BMC filter | FORGE 007DV | KW v1 | WHITELINE RSB
    139Kw | 271.8Nm atw - At a new home

other option is call up your local VW and get a price new, you should be able to buy just the lower black lip and I don't think it would be THAT expensive.