Thread: polo stereo wiring questions

polo stereo wiring questions

Hi all, trying to fit an aftermarket head unit in the polo. I’ve read a heap of threads and I think I’ve got it, but still a little uncertain.

I have the pioneer wiring harness and a connects2 (CT20AU04) VW converter harness.

So on the pioneer harness yellow is for constant 12V power which matches the yellow wire on the converter harness, and the black ground wire matches up on both harnesses. So all good with those two. Do I still need to screw a wire to metal somewhere from the head unit for the grounding?

Then there’s a red wire on the pioneer harness for accessory power. So I need to splice in to the ciggie lighter or somewhere ignition switched for that one?The red wire on the pioneer harness lines up with an empty spot on the converter harness… so this is obviously where i'm forced to tap into other wires. Right?

Then finallythere’s a blue wire in the VW converter harness that matches according to an internet search, the switched/ignition power into the RCD200. Which makes sense because it’s also shared with a (powered) aerial adaptor on the harness.This lines up with a blue/white line on the pioneer harness. In the pioneer manual it says 'if the red wire is connected to an “antenna control type” then connect this blue wire. If it is any other sort of vehicle, do not connect the blue wire'.. So I think I do want to connect the blue wire.. right?

thanks!

Did you get further with this? There is a heap of info the in the DIY thrad under stereo with cabling/splicing points.

I've just bought a new pioneer HU + iso adapter + facia + CANBUS adapter. Hoping it should all be pretty straight forward. Not bloody cheap compared to other cars/installs I've done though.

Users Country Flag
    I've been wondering - what does it get from CANBUS?

From previous searching through the stereo threads, CANBUS controls the power correctly so it behaves like factory stereo (works until key is taken out etc).

My cig lighter is permanently on so I wouldn't want to be splicing anything in to that. There's some good coverage in the other threads if you have the time (anywhere from 10-30 pages long )