Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo 9n3 Performance Tracking Thread #2

Users Country Flag

Yeah the SQS looks like the real deal in that regard. Being a one way it may just be the one that won't induce corner entry understeer. The single biggest thing for me though is longevity. Some plate diff reports say that you have to pull them out regularly to adjust them and others say they'll last as well as a torsen. Seperating out who wrote this eg track only vs people like me is the hard bit.
    I spoke to Eddy a couple of weeks ago and he did say the SQS was a massive leap compared to the torsen Peloquin and needed a full reset on how to drive it. I'd assume the plate diff would have a much higher locking percent compared to the torsens which might be why he said he had to muscle it a a lot more. From pictures Eddy did seem to like using kerbs like the Supercars on the Gold coast chicanes, so I wonder if that's where he found the only difference (reatining full drive) or if it was more than that.

Hoyhoy.

I'll try to help out a bit here, first of all I use shock oil & have had no probs, that's after more than several years along with tracking.
    Kerb hoping only came in after fitting the SQS, the main reason for changing from the Peloquin was the way it acted coming out of tight corners when going hard, it just kept skipping the inside wheel & I was waiting for the gearbox to let go.
    There is a difference in driving which is hard to explain, when going easy on a big sweeper & ya touch the go pedal it seems to pull ya back to a straight line which feels strange, but when going hard it's all go around where ya want.
    Sam with the SQS 1 way & on soft there is no abruptness @ all, it's smooth, ya wouldn't even know that it is there.
    To spin the wheels on take off is a hard thing to do believe it or not, two wheels driving together make a big difference.

P.S. I have to say SORRY to Sam for misleading him recently along the line of purchasing the Little Blue Girl.
    I'm now getting her getting back on the road, a couple of things have to be seen to, just too much of me in her, but I'm getting older.
    Hooroo.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Eddy. Glad to hear that yours is the 1 way that's still available and that you are running the soft ramps cos that's what I was thinking would be the best. I've read a few things on the KAAZ 1.5 way that have put me off regarding the diff trying to drive the car straight on at corner entry because of its deceleration phase partial locking, and that they'll chatter and carry on and basically sound broken coming out of drive ways or when full lock going into a parking spots etc. Sounds like your is a bit more civilised than that. No worries regarding the car. I totally understand. I nearly had a man tear when I saw the warped rear quarters on my car after the crash and knew it'd be a write off and I'd only had it 3 years. You've put more into your car than I probably ever will, so I get it. All good.

Users Country Flag

Polo 9n3 Performance Tracking Thread #2

New PB by a whisker despite my 60ft being slower than my previous PB. Was trying for a 12 second pass but the conditions didn't allow for it. Had hoped the weather would've cooled down a little more but was still quite warm, plus got some rain followed by cars dropping fluids at the start lines which made for greasy conditions. Exit speeds were up though, with a few high 108MPH runs which I would like to think is from the recent ported exhaust manifold swap.

I will try again in the coming months when the weather has cooled off a little more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polo 9n3 Performance Tracking Thread #2-99d5e6ac-f916-4b75-929a-5f72c993bebc-jpg  
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread

Hoyhoy.

Well done, dam good time for a 9N3 Pog.
    Hooroo.

Users Country Flag

Polo 9n3 Performance Tracking Thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Hoyhoy.

Well done, dam good time for a 9N3 Pog.
    Thanks Eddy. There's more in it as it stands. Just need to get the right conditions. I want to crack that 12 before my upcoming engine work.
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    Managed to find the online/public results from the hillclimb I did the other week.

25/6/17
    Ringwood motorsport complex
    hillclimb track A2A
    type 2 class over 2 litre
    60.66 sec

https://www.mgcarclub.com.au/wp-cont...2A-Results.pdf

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Updated for Sam and Louis new results - well done, lads.
    Sorry for the slow response, guys.
    Last edited by kaanage; 17-07-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag
    NSW State Hillclimb Championship
    RD6 Tamworth Oakburn motorsport park 16/7/17
    road registered non-logbooked >2500cc class

time: 37.89 sec
    18th/57 overall
    2nd in class

Result

Lap Times

Users Country Flag

NSW State Hillclimb Championship
    RD7 Ringwood 6/8/17