Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: The Official Polo Tyre Thread

Users Country Flag

Unfortunately rsrr's don't come in 205/45r16

Some conjecture around the wear rating, apparently a lot of manufacturers just changed them so that the tyres could be used on US production car racing series' , which require treadwear of 200 or more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the RSRR's, other than the noise, the grip once they warm up is exceptional. I've now done two events and don't feel I'm losing out from having ran semi's for the last few years. I actually got better lap times on these than I had on the Kumho V70's and find the braking performance very good. I've ran them at 32psi hot all round. I start them at 32psi and allow a lap or two to generate heat before pushing them, and bleed back to 32 psi at the end of each session. My side walls are not scrubbed at all so she's not rolling onto the shoulders.

I run them at 35psi on the street... no real logic for that, pick a number.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    I'm pretty happy with the rsrs at the track
    Def need a bit of heat before applying jandal, half a lap was enough
    Seat of pants says better than the re003 in this context, they'd want to be though
    I don't rate the noise, doesn't bother me
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Users Country Flag
    does anyone know the biggest 16" profile that will fit under the guards and not rub on anything at full lock? can we get 50 or 55's under there?

I prefer a bigger sidewall... otherwise it's down to 15" wheels

I had a 215/40/17 on an 8" rim and fitted just fine - made for a diameter of 603mm. I see Louis has some chunky Hankooks on his 16s but they look VERY big.

Louis19's Build Thread
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose two.

Quote Originally Posted by simon k View Post
    does anyone know the biggest 16" profile that will fit under the guards and not rub on anything at full lock? can we get 50 or 55's under there?

I prefer a bigger sidewall... otherwise it's down to 15" wheels
    Gavin and Louis, and perhaps other run a 50 series tyre. It depends on ride height, suspension travel and wheel offset. I have ran 215/45/17's, not exactly sure how that translates to a 205/50/16, guessing quite a bit larger.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Ended up getting the RE003's. Grip in corners is much better than the 4yo KU39's I had. Feels more progressive too. Surprised how much quieter and more comfortable the RE003's are. Less steering feel and after turn in though which is a bummer.

Traction is not much better in the dry. Then again, is anyone here able to use full throttle in 1st gear in the dry on any tyre?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I can and mine is no slouch. I am pretty impressed with the RSRs
    Certainly when cold they can be a bit slippery but with a bit of heat they are great
    Worked well enough in the couple of times I've used them in the wet. Again booting it and they seem to hold up

I find the re003s go hard after a couple of track days reducing their grip substantially.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI

Users Country Flag

The Official Polo Tyre Thread

Rgvlee, are you stage 3 now?

Users Country Flag

Not yet
    Have all the bits but it's my pick up the kids from school mobile so will have to wait til school holidays. Probably mid year as I need cash for the tune.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast