Support VWWC

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

LZY13B build thread

Just picked up my first Volkswagen polo Gti today
    This is how I got it with full leather and sunroof completely standard

First thing I did was take the roof racks off cos I don't like them and I think it looks cleaner without them and this is how it sits now

Not sure if I'm gonna change much on the car cos I'm still building my rx7 at the moment maybe just upgrade the sound system and clean up the wheels cos all 4 are a bit ruff and could use some paint but ill see how I go

Users Country Flag
    Hey man, the car looks terrific! You picked one of the rarer colours too.

Where's that RX7 build?

Rx7 build thread is a bit much so ill just show some photos lol

Round one with a mild port motor and a knight sport high flow turbo making just over 300hp atw

Attracted to much unwanted attention being purple lol
    So round 2 pearl white extended port with a to4/66 still in the build all wiring hidden holes in bay filled up and just about everything has been rebuilt or new aiming for around 400hp+ with this setup

Needed a new daily and wanted it to be fun to drive hence why I got the polo just gotta control myself and not go crazy on it like the rx7 but ill see what happens haha

Users Country Flag
    Oh very nice man, that's a great looking RX7.

Do you have any MOD ideas for the GTI? Getting a Tune will make it feel like a brand new car.

Very tempted for a front mount and a tune but I still need to go over the car during the week clean it all up needs a few little touch ups here and there but ill wait till the rx7 is done then ill start playing with it
    If I change much ill do mainly bolt on upgrades so I can take them off and put it back to standard if needed

Users Country Flag
    Mate well done. I agree roof racks off unless your actaully using them. I have the same roof racks too.
    I have not seen a blue Polo about Brisbane and they are rare. I had a choice of a Blue one on the Gold Coast and I have had our Polo GTi since 2010.

We did a long road trip in 2010, Brisbane, Dubbo, Melbourne, Tassie tour of over 4000 ks, back to Melbourne, ACT,Sydney, Brisbane. Total was 6500 ks. I am a VW fan now!

I had the choice of my MY06 WRX with 208kwatw or the Polo with 132kwatw. We did 85% of the Targa routes and the Polo was fantastic, so much fun. Too much fun actually. I was told the Tassie Police are ahhh nice.
    Keep us informed how you progress.
    Cheers Al
    Last edited by Polo GTEye N9; 13-01-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    jasn78 has a blue Polo. I agree they are not so common though. Unlike Red

Gavin

Hoyhoy.

Me also have a Little Blue Girl which has the fastest Polo time @ Wakefield.
    Hooroo.

Don't worry ill beat your time in my rx7 haha

In the polo today tho in the rain went around a round about the the tyres just slid I need to buy some new quality tyres cos there is just cheap rubbish on there at the moment most likely get kumho's and my mate is also excited 2 paint up my wheels clean up some of the marks so ill most likely pull them off maybe next month when I'm on holidays and clean them up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    Don't worry ill beat your time in my rx7 haha

In the polo today tho in the rain went around a round about the the tyres just slid I need to buy some new quality tyres cos there is just cheap rubbish on there at the moment most likely get kumho's and my mate is also excited 2 paint up my wheels clean up some of the marks so ill most likely pull them off maybe next month when I'm on holidays and clean them up a bit
    mate nice colour, but you might want to read eddy's times before saying that
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    The price of the car rarely indicates driver ability/lap time.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast