Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

Well it took a bit of force but I got the dogbone mount out without much damage and I was able to turn the snapped bolt out by hand went to the shops got a replacement bolt for $10 for a pack of 3 and the car feels perfect again no more noises can’t believe these mechanics were telling me that the whole subframe needed to come out lol

Users Country Flag
    Hey if you're referring to the bolt that goes vertically up through the big end of the dogbone and anchors it to the crossmember its not a standard shank bolt. The threaded section is way undersized compared to the shank diameter that fits inside the bush sleeve (which is why you can't torque it much). Its a special shaped bolt and I can't imagine you got one of those bolts from a shop down the road. I know you've had a hard time with it and I'd hate for you to accidentally have the wrong bolt in there that is going to thrash around inside the sleeve/crossmember is all. But if your local bolt place did carry them then you're a lucky boy.

Users Country Flag
    just found the specs on the bolt from what I measured a while back. The OEM bolt has an 8mm thread but nearly an 11mm shoulder that feeds through nearly a 13mm hole in the crossmember. If is just a plain 8mm bolt in there you'll have more dramas.

Yes my local shop had the same shape bolts with the thick part for the sleeve and the under sized thread to fit perfect so I’m just happy I don’t have anymore noises and I can drive the car again. If I do get any problems down the track it’s a easy fix at least now

Users Country Flag
    ah good. I thought maybe because the stripped head was in a bin somewhere that you didn't have it on hand to copy. good stuff. glad you're underway again!

Thanks mate.

Well the car has been running smoothly all week so looks like it’s fixed for good no noises have come back now I just need someone to buy my rx7 then I can buy my new car then the polo will be up for sale. Keen for a new car as much as I love the polo it’s time to move on but it will be another VW

Well the mazda rx7 sold today so trying to decide now if buy a mk6 golf gti and sell the polo

Users Country Flag
    polo will be quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    polo will be quicker!
    Would of thought the golf with a stage one tune would be quicker than my stage 2 polo

Users Country Flag

I don't know. I raced a mk6 golf R to 4th after a first gear rolling start and he only pulled a fender length on me and I'm stage 2 without even a full exhaust. He'd have been stock for sure though - but they'd have what a tuned gti 6 would have wouldn't they? I don't know I just think the experience in the Polo is so involving in a lighter more chuckable chassis, not as sanitised. But if its going to be a daily for Sydney roads/traffic then I can definitely see the pull of the Golf being a hell of a lot more civilised (when off boost) around the place.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast