Support VWWC

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

Cool, yeah they go very nicely. I believe the later models were better finished, some the niggles had been addressed and a bit more refined.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Well the hunt for a clean mazda hasn't been going well so looks like I'll be keeping the polo for a bit longer also cos I get the feeling I'll miss I too much cos it is fun to drive. On that note it's at the mechanics again my cv started making some really bad sounds and had enough and luckily my boss just told me to drop the car off to get it fixed and to send him the bill haha
    So cruising around in the work BMW now just isn't the same lol

Also recently my mate sold his stage 3 polo and he had some spare parts that he needed to off load so I got a standard ko3s turbo with around 40k on it and standard dump pipe spare tempted to get the turbo rebuilt maybe hiflowed with a bigger wheel but not sure if i wanna change fuel pump and injectors for more power or anything but I'll see what happens

Well cv shaft is done no more grinding noise I was told it was completely destroyed haha

Next on the list is bushings as I have this little thumping noise coming from the passenger side guessing it's the usual control arm bushing and plan on just changing them all just gonna go with the superpro bushings getting the front and rear front control arm bushings replaced as well as the dogbone mount something I should of done a while ago. Not gonna bother with the anti lift bushings just trying to make the ride a bit nicer

Love getting new parts control arm bushes turned up in 3 days now just need to find a shop to install them hopefully they won't charge too much

Users Country Flag
    good stuff. you'll love it once you get those put in. feels ten times tighter.

I'm sure it will feel a lot better than the 11 year old bushes I have in there with 150ks on them haha I dropping the car off Friday morning for the guy to take a look and give me a price to install and if all good I'll get them done then.

Also just bought a new TIP seeing as I kinda trimmed mine a little too much on the bov pipe so don't think it's clamping the best so that will be anther fun job changing that again but seeing as I know what I'm doing this time I'm sure it will be easy enough and also bought a silicone pipe from the cooler pipe to throttle body just for the sake of it being only $25.

I've started spending too much money on this in the last few weeks and was also thinking of changing the rear muffler to something with a little more flow and hopefully not too loud being a daily cos from what I've read it's not the best flow so hopefully that will help a bit and after that I'll change the dogbone bushing not doing it all in one hit trying to go easy on my bank account haha

Another part to the puzzle has turned up the dogbone mount.

Got the control arm bushings installed and it's starting to feel better hopefully this makes a decent difference as well then time for some new tyres my rears are thrashed and starting to thump haha

Next on the list will be looking at upgrading the rear muffler sussing it out I just want something that flows better but at the same time I don't want too much noise just a little grumble is ok

Users Country Flag
    Oval straight through Rear muffler alone didn't make the car much louder. Changing the cat after that did... (for me anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another fun day for me can't believe im actually doing the TIP twice lol

Replacing my old TIP looks to have fixed my boost hezatation and it’s now smooth hitting 20-21psi in 3rd looks like I trimmed the old one a little too much and it was rubbing against something and made a little hole and don’t think it was clamped on the turbo property lol

Asked a few shops about installing the dogbone bush all saying they can’t do it so gotta wait till I get back to work and have the local guy do it he said it’s a easy job so gotta wait another week and just got some new strut top covers and bearings to hopefully get rid of this annoying little noise I’m getting from the passenger side

I’ve replaced so many things on this car in the last few months hopefully after this it should be perfect

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast