Support VWWC

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

New air pump in and no more warning lights for like $75 delivered

Users Country Flag
    You checked out the combi valve? Often this has failed, allowing water into the pump. So you need to do both or it will happen again.

A better solution would be to chuck the lot and have the light switched off in the tune.

Gavin

the pipe off the valve had cracked fixed up now but looked clean and clear and no sign of water so I think it's all good and once I had the pump out It did clear up a lot of space but being my daily I want everything working like it should

Users Country Flag
    I do 25k a year in mine. �� they don't need the pump to run nicely. You found no water in the pump you removed?

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    I do 25k a year in mine. �� they don't need the pump to run nicely. You found no water in the pump you removed?
    Nope no water what so ever in the pump and I've changed the vacuum lines as well cos they weren't in the best condition and I haven't even done 20k in the almost 5 years I've owned it haha I just drive it to and from work so I don't do many kms

Today's fun job rocker cover gasket was a little harder than I thought just trying to remove it but got it done in around 2 hours

My clarion headunit was playing up causing problems the touch screen wasn't working properly for the last few weeks and today I finally had enough.

Picked up a pioneer unit and wow what a difference the touch screen works so much better and the sound sounds twice as good and so much easier to use and tune and I've had a few clarion units and always had problems and after using this never again will I pick up another one

Honestly sounds like I just replaced my speakers it's that much better very much recommended

Picked up some new front shocks just standard replacement ones seeing as my passenger side one was leaking and installed them as well as some new sway bar links as the drivers side one was falling apart and has made the ride a lot nicer

As much as I love thrashing this car around I think it's almost time to move on and have started shopping around thinking a Mazda 3 mps next maybe a 07-08 model not really a fan of the newer shape ones but I'll see what happens over the next few months if I can find one I like but can't really find one that hasn't got a stupid amount of kms on it in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    As much as I love thrashing this car around I think it's almost time to move on and have started shopping around thinking a Mazda 3 mps next maybe a 07-08 model not really a fan of the newer shape ones but I'll see what happens over the next few months if I can find one I like but can't really find one that hasn't got a stupid amount of kms on it in Sydney

The first gen MPS 3's were prone to blowing turbo oil seals resulting in white smoke from the exhaust. A mate had one, it was meant to be an expensive fix so he traded for the later generation - i also have a feeling it was more than just the turbo, but other supporting bits causing the seals to blow... Though the knowledge base would be much better now so those issues may not be issues any more.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Thanks for the info I've spoken to my mechanic who built the motor in my rx7 cos he has also built a 350hp mps says the boxes are week so same problem with the polo lol and also if the clutch goes it's not cheap like 2k installed or something stupid. I don't really plan on missing it might try and keep it stock but I said the same thing about the polo and it's running a stage 2 tune with all the add ons haha guess I'll see what I can find over the next few months

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast