Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

Quote Originally Posted by flat6 View Post
    Nice battery box, mine didn't come with one.
    GTis had that battery box top for the first couple of years of production, the switched to the open one.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    GTis had that battery box top for the first couple of years of production, the switched to the open one.
    i got a 2006 gti (i've had it since birth) and it didnt come with a battery box top.
    06 Polo GTI
    standard ECU, wheels | K&N Panel filter | PD160 intake tube and trumpet |Nulon 5W-30 | Michelin contact sport 3

Users Country Flag
    My battery has no box what so ever, yet the gf's car came with the side box, wonder if it affects the life of the battery?
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1
    2010 Polo GTI 9n3, 4 Program APR Tune, PD160, White line front and rear sway bar

Mine is a 05 build date so that would explain it but without the cover the fuses would be exposed unless they are not there on the later models

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    Lesson number 1: just cos it's been to VW for servicing doesn't give any more piece of mind that the jobs been done right. Unfortunately the quality of the workmanship varies significantly between dealerships.
    Amen brother, so right..... and Lesson Two: same as lesson one, never trust a dealer with your car, always treat it as a risk taken because there is no other choice... Cheers Al

Trying to get new plugs was a pain and what came up on there system was FR7KPP33U+ and even looking on there computer myself showing its suitable for this model car but looking on this site I can't find any info on them but they were the same size and the car is running fine and smoother than the old plugs and they were only $40
    No ones had the PFR6Q in stock in my area so if anyone thinks I'm gonna have problems with these plz let me know and ill change them

Im already getting angry at this car cos every time I drive it find another problem lol

I've noticed when in 5th gear and let go of the accelerator I get a vibration through the box just rolling in gear but its all nice and smooth on the throttle and all the other gears are fine just 5th and it only happens like once every third time I put in 5th

Ill change the oil in the box and see if that helps and has anyone else had something like this? Searching through the site couldn't find the answer and I don't think it's a mount

I'll place two bets. Engine mounts, and flywheel.
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose two.

If it was engine mounts or flywheel wouldn't i notice it in other gears? Cos it's only in 5th and not always there it's just random

Harmonics do weird things to a car! I had massive issues with my car, turned out to be a single engine mount. Now, the flywheel has given up, and is being changed next week.

Does the vibe happen more on the way 'up' the rev range, or just on overrun or...?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose two.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast