Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LZY13B build thread

Lol yeah just joking around I'm not much for the track more of a cruiser but also have my brother 9 second 550hp+ rx7 that I'm tempted 2 take out sometime but it kind scares me drove it once and never again haha

Seeing as I need new tyres and my wheels need some repairs I think it will be easier just to buy new wheels but just looking there are not many options in our offset so I'm just on the hunt for something neat most likely just 17s not gonna go over board just yet cos I'm driving this daily

Ok started to detail the car and cleaning up under the bonnet and brought the shine back

I gotta say I had never seen such a filthy engine bay on any car mission of a cleaning job and got my first cut of many to come from this car I'm sure haha and seeing as this car was always serviced at Volkswagen I was shocked when I look down in the front bar and noticed some round thing not sure what it was maybe something to do with the aircon just hanging there not clipped in bouncing around near the fan

Also noticed that the tappets are making a lot of noise so ill change the oil soon and see if that helps and pray this car is not gonna cost me more than my rx7 lol

Users Country Flag
    Ahhhh so that's what a stock engine bay looks like!
    2019 132TSI Tiguan
    2011 Audi S4 Wagon
    1988 MK1 Caddy
    2006 Polo GTI

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    seeing as this car was always serviced at Volkswagen I was shocked when I look down in the front bar and noticed some round thing not sure what it was maybe something to do with the aircon just hanging there not clipped in bouncing around near the fan
    Lesson number 1: just cos it's been to VW for servicing doesn't give any more piece of mind that the jobs been done right. Unfortunately the quality of the workmanship varies significantly between dealerships.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Yeah thanks mate I don't really trust many people working on my cars so ill be doing servicing myself and I have a few mechanic mates to help on the jobs I can't do

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nightphotographer View Post
    Ahhhh so that's what a stock engine bay looks like!
    lol exactly what i was thinking!
    2016 MY17 Polo GTI with DA package. TMD fitted + Weather strip and Snow Screen removed otherwise dead standard.

Users Country Flag
    Nice battery box, mine didn't come with one?

Where do you pick them up from?
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1
    2010 Polo GTI 9n3, 4 Program APR Tune, PD160, White line front and rear sway bar

Standard battery box from what I know not sure if your being serious or just trolling lol

Did a service on the car today and couldn't believe the condition of the plugs

Much nicer and smoother ride now but also while under the car I noticed the passenger side axle boot is ripped so looks like I've found the next job. Are they hard to take out on these cars?
    Last edited by LZY13B; 16-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I've seen a fair few polo gtis and none had a top on the battery box.

My previous 2003 polo S had a fully enclosed battery box like pictured above.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LZY13B View Post
    Standard battery box from what I know not sure if your being serious or just trolling lol

Did a service on the car today and couldn't believe the condition of the plugs

Much nicer and smoother ride now but also while under the car I noticed the passenger side axle boot is ripped so looks like I've found the next job. Are they hard to take out on these cars?
    Sparkplugs are good for life it would seem, there's nothing wrong with them until they fail.......

You need an M8 spline tool to remove the joint from the gearbox and probably a 30mm socket for the axle nut. That might be a 12 point nut too.

It depends on your mechanical skills as to whether they are hard or not.

Gavin

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast