Support VWWC

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis19's Build Thread

Users Country Flag

In the hillclimbs we don't have to have gloves/boots/or suit but I made the mistake of watching "Rush" with my wife and her watching the aftermath of Niki Lauda being burnt to a crisp in that fire had her saying she wouldn't let me race again until I got a suit. A fire'y at work gave me a fire proof hood (and always shows me youtube clips of fire fighters being toasted) and I figured gloves would be good so that I can actually get my visor down/belt off/extinguisher into play/door open with hands that aren't being incinerated if there's a fire. My best mate who I race with was paying me out initially but after seeing some bad crashes (he went into a lake once - and I had to fish him out - not kidding!) he had a flash back maybe and caged his car and is getting all safety too! For me I've had a couple of crashes in the past and they can really bust you up and if a few bits of kit will allow the kids to look at me afterwards and not be freaked out by what they see then all the better. To be honest sometimes I hate wearing all the gear when its hot, nice weather etc but that's what motorcyclist say when they wheely their 1000cc bike in thongs too and we all know how that goes.
    Apparently NSW is the most litigious state in the world (surpassing California) so it just surprised me that roll racing didn't need helmets. No idea if its a requirement in NSW. Maybe that's a good thing in a sway though. gets people in at grassroots level which is always a good thing for the sport. There'd probably be half the cars on track if you had to.

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear re the Link Louis. Dave seemed like he'd be way more comfortable pushing an E85 tune if it was an ECU that had more checks and protections (eg flex fuel sensors etc). If down the track I find a suitcase of money it'd be nice to go with the Link G4 for an E85 tuned hybrid. Love what you've done and always watching. Can't wait until you get a diff in it and take it to the drags.

Users Country Flag
    wait what? you had a TTE280? I thought you had the same as Sean.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    wait what? you had a TTE280? I thought you had the same as Sean.
    I did have the same as Sean. That TTE is my brothers turbo on his polo.
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    did he get that direct from overseas or is there a dealer here? happy with it?

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    did he get that direct from overseas or is there a dealer here? happy with it?
    He got it from TTE directly. Yeah he’s happy with it, it’s a good quality turbo.

Got my oil cooler core today, awaiting the sandwich plate so I can organize fittings and line lengths.

Last edited by louis19; 25-04-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Couple quick vids of the polo. Don't mind the ABS light, thats a fault stored from the ecu removal, brakes work as they should. Got a few traction mods in the pipeline

YouTube

YouTube

Users Country Flag
    What brand are you going with Louis? I'll be doing the same some time soon but will mount the cooler down where the side mount used to be like how eddy did.

I went with an Aeroflow core, 19 row so it’s decent size without being massive

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast