Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to get a bov

Looking to get a bov

.. Saw this on ebay, seller from qld, seems legit?
    What does everyone do about this, what is a popular solution

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the eBay link I didn't click it tbh.. just double check it's the right one for the polo. I think the part number is 007 or something like that.

If it's right, looks like a decent price for forge. I went a gfb DV+ just because it was cheaper

Users Country Flag
    Our cars need to run a diverter valve which works just like a blow off valve, except for the fact that the air it exhausts is re routed back into the compressor side of the turbo rather than to the atmosphere. It'll be nearly imperceptible they can be that quiet - nothing like a blow off valve. You need to run one though because our car uses a MAF sensor. At a given pressure It'll meter a certain amount of air flow and decide on how much fuel to add to get the mixture right. If your BOV then goes and dumps portions of this air to atmosphere you end up with rich spots that the o2 sensor will see. Youre ECU can then chuck a wobbly trying to do corrections essentially thinking it has an air leak. Check it though. some BOV's can be changed into DV's and you might be able to do that with this one.

I don't think that one will work as our system requires recirculation.

I have a Forge 008 on the way, will let you know how it goes once installed.

From my brief research, from Forge you have either the Splitter (which does divert about 10% to atmosphere) or the 008 (which is the updated 007).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Different cars but I have often found changing the intake to a higher flowing one makes the diverter valve much more noticeable. Not BOV noticeable but close enough.

There are different valves out there that can do different amounts of recirc or vent to atmo so as not to upset the MAF.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith666 View Post
    Different cars but I have often found changing the intake to a higher flowing one makes the diverter valve much more noticeable. Not BOV noticeable but close enough.

There are different valves out there that can do different amounts of recirc or vent to atmo so as not to upset the MAF.
    No venting to atmosphere for Polo's. Mine is recirculating and there's lots of wooshing, plenty of Brissy guys will tell you.

Even with an enclosed cone filter it did it.

A new VW one ending 710P is plenty good enough for up to stage 2.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I found even with an enclosed filter anything slightly more open then factory produced decent results. OEM have to take noise into consideration which is obviously not what you want when you want to hear it vent.

Ah ok, I should read up on this then I had no idea that they can do different things.

Just up forge products, one pictured above on ebay is a fit designed for our cars part no FMDVSPLTR

Installed the 008 last night. Plenty of whoosh with the pod in a box and PD160. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast