Thread: fuel injector leak

Users Country Flag

fuel injector leak

Got a bit of fuel stain expanding around the base of the injectors onto the inlet manifold. I'm not showing an fuel corrections for a leak on VCDS yet but I need to address it. My question is is it most likely the O -rings that will be gone. I have those ready to go but am unsure if I should do the screw in cups too? The reason why I'm hesitant is that I've seen a few things where the cups just disintegrate when an attempt isd made to unscrew them with bits dropping into the inlet and I don't want to go into that territory just now unless I really have to. So are injector O -rings usually the only culprit of a fuel leak there?
    sam

Users Country Flag
    I've just had my intake off to do thermo and ie spacer
    I too had staining around the injectors (comes off with carb cleaner easy as). Mine was all dry though and probably caused by the intermittent air leak that I had a while ago.

With 140k on the clock, those injector seats were solid and in good nick.
    Having seen plastics fall apart in the engine bay with virtual ease there is no way in hell that I would undo them with the inlet on.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

yep that was my instinct to leave them alone too. Alright i'll just do the o rings then.