Thread: Door locking issue

Door locking issue

Hi guys

Have an unusual issue with my polo 9n3. when i lock the doors with the remote, key, or inside of the car it doesnt actually lock the doors. The little knob goes down like its locked. But then go to open the door and it opens like its unlocked and my alarm goes off. Anyone had similar issue? Ive taken door card off and all seems ok. I tried taking the big metal plate of so i could see the mechanism but it doesnt seem like its ment to come off.

Cheers Ricky

Users Country Flag
    Is this on all doors, or just one?

And from the outside, I presume?

Hay mate. Yes its just the drivers side door. Yes mate from the outside.

Users Country Flag
    had exact same thing last month. change the battery in the key fob, that'll be it. there's youtube vids on how to get it apart - its a bit of a rubics cube.

Trief that sambb with my 2nd key. Didn't work did u reset anything?

Has anyone tried removing a drivers side locking mechanism?

Users Country Flag
    bugger. yeah my second key was fine and the prob didn't happen with it. What you describe is exactly what I had. The door would make the locking sound, then pins would go down, but then you could just open the door from the inside or out and the alarm would go off. Can you start the car when its carrying on like that? mine didn't want to start but after pressing every combination of this and that it would eventually start and i'd just have to be careful to remember not to re lock it. how old is the second key? it could be dud too.

Users Country Flag
    I'd say the locking module (latch) for that door is probably stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    bugger. yeah my second key was fine and the prob didn't happen with it. What you describe is exactly what I had. The door would make the locking sound, then pins would go down, but then you could just open the door from the inside or out and the alarm would go off. Can you start the car when its carrying on like that? mine didn't want to start but after pressing every combination of this and that it would eventually start and i'd just have to be careful to remember not to re lock it. how old is the second key? it could be dud too.
    Thats seems like a crazy coincidence that yours did the exact same thing. Key is the same age. Just not used. So definitely seems like a good idea to change batterys over and see what happens.

If it's doing it when using the key, I would think it's mechanical rather than electrical. I've had the odd time when a door wouldn't lock, or unlock, but within days it's cooperating again, no idea why, so I'm not much use beyond that.

Have you tried lock it with the remote, and use the key to lock it again... i.e. double lock. don't unlock in between?
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **