Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 'lil giant humbler

Users Country Flag

My 'lil giant humbler

Hi y'all
    First time post-long time reader. I'm the happy owner of a '07 GTI, bought new, and still going strong. The (red) girl has 75k on the clock now, and has had no major issues so far. I got an APR tune just before Xmas last year (Quattro Motors-Burswood), and I have to say, this is the best, most fun car I have ever owned. Previous rides include '92 SSS Pulsar, '95 180SX, '92 SSS ATTESA(?) Bluebird, '96 GTS-T Skyline (girlfriends current ride), and now the GTI. After all these, I have to say that the 9n3 is the most driveable of them all. The 180 was fantastic, and flamboyant, but for useable grunt, the 'chipped' girl has no peer, in my eyes. I have many scalps, all of whom are aware of the 9n now. My next mod will be a full suspension tune & aftermarket pads. I had a quote from Wilkinson Suspension for springs, shocks, sway-bars & bushes all 'round for $2900- about a year ago. As this is my next big spend on the car, I'd like to know what y'all think...

Users Country Flag
    Woah sounds interesting man! Does Apr chip make huge different ? Like seriously make u cream ur pants haha jkjk haven't get a chances to chip my car yet since I'm kinda low on cash atm but yea once I got enough that will probably be the next mid! bad thing happened to me that I think my car clutch is wearing out and only done less than 40000km!! I hope the clutch problem is not dying but Just require an adjustment!

Hmmm

I was thinking of this, get some coilovers and a rear swaybar. If you know where to look it is not that expensive, depends if you want to buy local or from overseas
    MODS- TOO MANY

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vwthunder View Post
    Hmmm

I was thinking of this, get some coilovers and a rear swaybar. If you know where to look it is not that expensive, depends if you want to buy local or from overseas
    What have they offered you for $3000, that's pretty expensive I reckon?

@Sheen any kind of tune makes a big difference to a Polo GTI. Jumping from 150 to 200+ horsepower.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Man every time talking about car tuning get me all excited haha but so expensive but I got my pd160 already haha atm waiting for my new air filter

For a decent upgrade, a rear whiteline sway bar, weitech coil overs and rear control arm bushes are all you need. Cost less than $1500 if you import yourself. There are many options, I've tried a few, this is less than what I have and more than enough for improved handling and a nice look.

The Polo benefits from good rubber on wheels with more stance, this is not the easiest thing to do with the 5x100 pod, but some members here have had great results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Woah sounds interesting man! Does Apr chip make huge different ? Like seriously make u cream ur pants haha jkjk haven't get a chances to chip my car yet since I'm kinda low on cash atm but yea once I got enough that will probably be the next mid! bad thing happened to me that I think my car clutch is wearing out and only done less than 40000km!! I hope the clutch problem is not dying but Just require an adjustment!
    You've got heaps of choice depending on the dealers around you. APR, GIAC, REVO, DNA Tuning and of course, Viezu! Take a look around, research and then make the plunge!

Users Country Flag
    Yea man gonna give a shot on Apr free trial then try DNA tuning and see which one I like more even though both price having huge huge different

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    rear control arm bushes
    Just to clarify for noobs, these are the rear bushes for the front lower control arms. They certainly improve stability under braking but their is a tradeoff for increased drivetrain NVH below 1500rpm (and especially below 1000rpm)

Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    more stance, this is not the easiest thing to do with the 5x100 pod
    easy to do with spacers but much harder to do legally. I'm not a fan of "stance" but each unto themselves.
    Last edited by kaanage; 24-03-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen View Post
    Yea man gonna give a shot on Apr free trial then try DNA tuning and see which one I like more even though both price having huge huge different
    Have DNA read your ECU first, before getting the trial at APR.

Gavin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast