Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 Fault Code found - Secondary Air Injection System - PO411 - 35 NEED HELP

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Stuwey View Post
    SAI and N249 Removal

Combi valve has coolant behind it on the head. It's been a few years and i must admit i don't remember much more than that though!
    G'day Stuwey,

Thanks mate, your original write up for 'SAI and N249 Removal' is a very welcome offering.

What will I need?

330 ohm 10W resistors x 3 of them.
    Vac/boost pipe - about 0.5m (from place like Forge)
    Combi valve blanking plate (you can get them from Forge but I can make it myself)
    Coolant to top up

But is the only way to stop getting a CEL light after removing the 'SAI and N249 Removal' is to have the SAI mapped out?

Euro Tuning website advice is 'NOTE: Be aware that while some codes can be defeated with the resistors the 'secondary airflow code' can only be defeated with software."

Cheers Al
    Last edited by Polo GTEye N9; 29-12-2017 at 03:58 PM.

The mighty Gav has sorted out a way to solve this SAI CEL issue permanently, by offering to supply a Blanking Plate and arrange SAI Removal, then a retune coded by a local forum member.

Thanks to everyone who took interest and offered great advice and helpful comments. This is a great forum, the best I am involved with.

But Gav wins out, as he has before.

Al says thanks and is grateful.

Good news,
    This morning as arranged, I took the Polo to Lou to do the 'SAI and N249 Removal'.
    Lou has done this a few times, he knows what he is doing!
    Lou and I went out to a nearby quite location and did a few third gear runs and logged the results which were then sent to Gav who checked them and gave the 'thumbs up'.

Thanks Gav and Lou, 'SAI and N249 Removal' job well done!

But Lou did suggest I fix the cold air intake which was looking pretty tired!

Well after a more kilometers the Polo seems to come on boost a little earlier than Pre 'SAI and N249 Removal'.
    Feels good to me.
    Thanks Lou and Gav.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123