Thread: No power at obd port

No power at obd port

AIRBAG LIGHT REMAINS ON
    I removed steering wheel to replace indicator stalk and fix an intermittent horn problem
    In doing so I damaged the clock spring and drove the car for a couple of weeks with the CS disconnected until I could get a replacement. Of course the airbag warning light was illuminated. I have now replaced the clock spring and fitted another alternator which decided to fail in this period. I have a OBDll reader which would not link so I took it down to my friendly BMW/VW workshop who tried all his VAG OBD scanners which also would not link. I have since found that tere is no voltage at pin 16 of the OBD port and all fuses check out OK I have snipped the blue bridge wire on the after market radio harness.
    I would welcome any suggestions on this before I take the car to the dump.

Quote Originally Posted by sanmarco View Post
    AIRBAG LIGHT REMAINS ON
    I removed steering wheel to replace indicator stalk and fix an intermittent horn problem
    In doing so I damaged the clock spring and drove the car for a couple of weeks with the CS disconnected until I could get a replacement. Of course the airbag warning light was illuminated. I have now replaced the clock spring and fitted another alternator which decided to fail in this period. I have a OBDll reader which would not link so I took it down to my friendly BMW/VW workshop who tried all his VAG OBD scanners which also would not link. I have since found that tere is no voltage at pin 16 of the OBD port and all fuses check out OK I have snipped the blue bridge wire on the after market radio harness.
    I would welcome any suggestions on this before I take the car to the dump.
    Do you want a copy of the wiring diagram for the plug?
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Users Country Flag

Do you have power at the fuse for the obd?