Thread: More polo woes

More polo woes

My polo has developed a new problem, while driving my tach needle started behaving like a samurai sword, waving back and forth like crazy. Five minutes later the brake fluid warning light flashed and beeped upon stopping and take off. The tach is now working properly, as are all the other guages, but the warning light/beep persists. I believe this is purely an instrument issue as even if I roll to a stop without using brakes the problem persists. Maybe something to do with the signal to the to the speedo switching on off? Haven't had the chance to read error codes as yet. This problem has been mentioned on other forums, so not a completely obscure problem, but nowhere has anyone described a solution. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by t_mike View Post
    My polo has developed a new problem, while driving my tach needle started behaving like a samurai sword, waving back and forth like crazy. Five minutes later the brake fluid warning light flashed and beeped upon stopping and take off. The tach is now working properly, as are all the other guages, but the warning light/beep persists. I believe this is purely an instrument issue as even if I roll to a stop without using brakes the problem persists. Maybe something to do with the signal to the to the speedo switching on off? Haven't had the chance to read error codes as yet. This problem has been mentioned on other forums, so not a completely obscure problem, but nowhere has anyone described a solution. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    Mike.
    Simple things first, does your car have enough brake fluid?

the tacho issue could be as you say, a signal input issue, scanning codes would be the first thing as you know as you may get a 'signal implausible' fault that you can at least track down first before you go changing sensors and such like
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Problem solved itself. Most likely moisture in a wiring connection given the rain we had. Just have to wait till it rears it's ugly head again.