Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6N2 fault codes

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Heya. Update***

I have the car in the vw dealership and its looking like its ECU issues.

Powers going im but not out. They cant work out why at this stage and arnt 100% sure they will.

Now my question is can i get a second hand ECU? They said something about having to change a heap of other bits if i tryed that????

Really want to fix the car but putting a brand new ECU in just isnt worth that cars value.

Thanks for you input

Steff.

Users Country Flag
    Yes a used ECU can be adapted but the dealer will try sell you a new immo/ cluster and ECU.

All they would need to do is read the coding in your ECU, plug in the new/ replacement ECU and adapt it using the PIN then change the coding to match your old ECU.

Do you know the part number from your ECU?

When I had my 6N2 I started to have immobilizer fault show & in my case the battery would crank OK but had too much voltage drop.
    The fix in my case was a new battery. Problem solved.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

They changed the coil/ariel on the barrel and still nothing the systems not reading the key so they cant even start there computer to see whats wrong. So now they are blaming the immo is the problem. I've told them to stop as the cost is getting to high.

The cars a fair way from me at presant so i cant get the numbers of the ECU/immo (

Starting to think it mite be all over

Finally got the car back to day and when i can work out how to attach a photo of the ECU i will. So many different numbers so im not sure which ones your after.

I do know that there is no spark and no pulse but it has power to the fuel pump which im lead to believe its more likly not the immo as that shuts the pump down to?

6N2 fault codes-image-jpg hope this works

not sure on the 6n2 what it does, but either way if it were the immo it would be logging faults, so if you are not seeing coil / immo related faults i would indeed look elsewhere.

not sure on the 6n2 (only had one through the officer wreckers ) but do they have a hall sensor on them? that can fail which would exhibit what you are seeing (been there done that).. can you see if there is spark coming from the actual coil itself?
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

no idea if it has a hall sensor , ill look into that, i do know it doesn't have spark from the coil...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12