Support VWWC

Thread: Sydney VW services - which one is recommended?

Users Country Flag

Sydney VW services - which one is recommended?

Which VW service is better in Sydney, VW Five Dock or Sydney City VW in Mascot? Any recommendations?
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Aren't they the same company?

I've never heard a good word about Five Dock.

A mate takes his Polo for warranty work to Rockdale and has been very happy - especially after the rubbish he had to endure at Sutherland.

He goes to VWVillage for service work.

You do realise you aren't obliged to use the dealer network to maintain warranty?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No, they aren't anymore. VW Five Dock has been bought and managed by Autosports Group. They also own Castle Hill and Mt Gravatt VW dealerships among many Audi and other brands' dealerships. New, Demo & Used Vehicle Sales in Sydney & Brisbane - Autosports Group

I have heard similar stories about Five Dock, but thought they might have changed.

If you have a look at my signature, you can see that my car is out of warranty for long time. I go to dealership's service mainly for "peace of mind" and in case they don't deliver, it is easier to complain and negotiate. I had many horror stories with independently owned services in my life.

Having said that, I like what I see about VW Village so I think it is time to change my mind and try them.
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Users Country Flag

What part of Sydney do you live / work? There might be a better option.

And sorry, I have sigs turned off. Too annoying.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums