Support VWWC

Thread: Chip for GT Sport (Victoria)

Chip for GT Sport (Victoria)

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone in Melbourne has had their GT Sport TSi chipped? Do you recomend anyone?

hey golfyvic!

i'm a fellow TSI'er in melb and like yourself have not chipd as yet. i think volkspower in burwood have both the ottenginger and REVO upgrades available but i havent read, heard or seen any reviews from any of the local TSI'ers as yet.

be interesting to know if you get any feedback.
    '81 Sigma| Sports Steering Wheel| Rust
    '95 Excel| 2.25" Exhaust with Hot Dog muffler
    '09 GOLF GT TSI 1.4| Leather | Sunroof | Tints

chip

No worries.... might call them during the week and ask them if they do an upgrade package, like chip, exhaust kit and induction system? Don't see many TSi'ers on the road. See a few TDi's. What colour's yours? You got DSG?

yeh be interested to hear what you come up with.

im sure they do APR upgrades for GTI's which include chip, exhaust and a number of other options but from what i can tell the options for TSI's are limited at the moment ie only chips available.

mine, candy white manual. i have seen a black TSI and the other day a united gray. you are right though, not too many on the road.

im guessing by your avatar your's is white?

can highly recommend you talk to Dean at Volkspower.
    He did my Jetta a year ago and was really good... sat down and had a chat about what i wanted and what to expect before i purchased... didn't bother with the test install (it lasts for 6 hours i think).
    also discussed what mods i would get the most out of after the chip etc.
    needless to say i love the jetta with 180kW.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    can highly recommend you talk to Dean at Volkspower.
    He did my Jetta a year ago and was really good... sat down and had a chat about what i wanted and what to expect before i purchased... didn't bother with the test install (it lasts for 6 hours i think).
    also discussed what mods i would get the most out of after the chip etc.
    needless to say i love the jetta with 180kW.
    Thanks mate. Been talking to a guy in Richmond that stock Milltek Exhausts from the states. He quoted me on a High Flow Cat & Back system with a front pipe from the turbo.... $4,000. I think I'll wait a bit before getting that. He did say he does ECU flashing for the GT Sports. What they do is take a copy of the ECU, send it off to Ottinger in Germany, they re-map it send it back and away you go. He quoted me $1,250. Be interested to see what Dean @ Volkspower can quote me? Thanks for the feedback....

Quote Originally Posted by Fanaki View Post
    yeh be interested to hear what you come up with.

im sure they do APR upgrades for GTI's which include chip, exhaust and a number of other options but from what i can tell the options for TSI's are limited at the moment ie only chips available.

mine, candy white manual. i have seen a black TSI and the other day a united gray. you are right though, not too many on the road.

im guessing by your avatar your's is white?
    Yes mate mine's white. Got DSG, tint and the Exis STP 17" alloys. I bet your's is loving the cold mornings too? Colder the better I reckon... except when you have to get out of the car of course

for my jetta it was aroung the $1500 mark... it was a sale on at the time, think normally it was closer to $2000.. but its all done at the car... dont have to wait for anything, apart from the 150k's or so for the changes to take full effect.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Quote Originally Posted by golfyvic View Post
    Yes mate mine's white. Got DSG, tint and the Exis STP 17" alloys. I bet your's is loving the cold mornings too? Colder the better I reckon... except when you have to get out of the car of course
    yeh golfy, the car is def loving the cold mornings. thank goodness for heated seats is all i can say