Thread: Experiences at Trivett Blacktown Service

Users Country Flag

Experiences at Trivett Blacktown Service

G'day,

Hope this is in the correct section.

I have to get my Caddy Maxi Life serviced before the end of the month and the dealer I bought it from (Penrith VW) says "due to unprecedented demand, there is a 3 week waiting list". Of course, the service indicator only starts warning 16 days out (at least that is the first time I got an alert). My alternative dealer is Trivett Blacktown.

So, any feedback on Trivett Blacktown Service? This is for the 30,000 km service.

For all I know, they may also have an "unprecedented demand" and it might be longer than 3 weeks.

As luck would have it, my Caddy is subject to the recall.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. This is unlike my Toyota dealer who used to SMS me when my service was due for the 12 years they serviced my Hiace.
    Last edited by wai; 14-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    --

Users Country Flag
    Did you ever go to trivett ? Any feedback

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chocko View Post
    Did you ever go to trivett ? Any feedback
    No.

They are building new facilities on Main Street, so it may be because of that, but the biggest issue is their lack of communication.

I got my 35C1 recall notice and contacted them via their web site as soon as I got it in mid October to find out if they would drop me home and pick me up (I am around 1 km from them but have a badly damaged leg limiting walking to around 100 m / day). No reply as yet.

By the way, Lander Toyota did this. Their courtesy bus dropped me home and then picked me up when the service was complete. Nothing special for me, they did this for ANYONE who had their vehicle serviced by them.

When I was buying my Caddy, I booked a test drive via their web site on July 1, 2011. I eventually got a call from them in December 2011 asking me which day was suitable!!!!!!!!!
    --

Users Country Flag
    hi mate - not sure if this is too late?

I recently had my TDI Passat 15,000km service at Blacktown trivett.

I work down the road and they do a pick up drop off service for us.

No dramas with booking, and service overall? If anything i wished they vaccumed by car better thats all.

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks.

It looks like the Main Street site is now operating. I have still not received any reply to my request for booking for the service.

I have had to make arrangements with the dealer I bought the Caddy off (Nepean Motor Group) as I could not get any response from Trivett Blacktown.

I'll have to try them again for the 45,000 km service around the middle of the year. Hopefully they will have settled down a bit by then.
    --

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wai View Post
    I could not get any response from Trivett Blacktown.
    This seems to be a problem with Trivett, regardless of location or make.

My father-in-law had a problem with his Volvo, the centre screen kept on blanking out. Took it to Trivett Paramatta and was told that he'd be charged $280 for the fix. Trouble is, the car was still under warranty. They insisted that it had to be charged because software upgrades were only "free" if you had the car serviced with Volvo. I had to take up the issue with Volvo HQ because they would never answer their phones, or return my calls.

Even after Volvo HQ agreed with me, and said the charge should be reversed, it took another 4 weeks to get a cheque out of them. Again, no updates from Trivett bar one phone call. When the cheque arrived, no letter of apology.

Maybe it's different for the Blacktown one, but the place I was calling handled all their "high end" cars. (Volvo/Range Rover/Jaguars...)

Central Coast but currently living Bosnia
    Users Country Flag
    hey

i have had mine done at Trivett in Blacktown and was happy, i was recommended there by my usual mechanic but the car was always serviced there before i bought it so i figured just before the warranty ran out i best take it there for its last service and was very happy, was a little shocked when the guy (shez was his name i think) tells me they changed both of my head light globes and horn fluid....while i sat there waiting for a fee of the extra work i realized he was kidding, i could understand globes but horn fluid (while i sat there puzzled)....any way the guy was trying to be friendly which i found funny a few min later as i was not prepared to be paying more than the 60k services which was over 1200$ already.

any way good luck.
    2010 Jetta 2.0l TDI 103
    2010 Passat CC 2.0l TDI 125
    2011 Passat 2.0l TDI 125

Users Country Flag
    I've been using Trivetts at Blacktown for the last two services and recalls for a 6R Polo. Service in general has been good, prices reasonable and I have no complaints. However, my last booking I used their web site to log the preferred day and was to get a return phone call to confirm, which did not happen. So when I turned up I got blank looks but to the guy's credit he arranged for the recall service to go ahead anyway.
    I would rate them better than my experiences with Denlo at Parramatta.
    MY11.5 6R GTI 3 DOOR

Users Country Flag
    My personal experience;

I bought the car from them, the sales were substandard, I was lied to a few times, which was a little annoying, that aside.

Service wise, If you give them anything other than a normal service that may require people to investigate or dive deeper than plugging the car into a computer, you may encounter a little bit of trouble. Problems fall upon deaf ears, things take extra long to get done (if done at all.) I've given up on warranty work and servicing there. Unless the vehicle ends up on a tow truck and a blind person would realise there's an issue with the car, then maybe I'll consider taking it back there.

Sorry about the negativity, but the entire time I've owned my two last vehicles, both brand new. Dealers have done nothing but make life more difficult.

Oh, they offered to drive me halfway to work. That was nice of them.
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag

ive just had my 75,000km service at Ramspeed at seven hills $332 good service and they use Liquid Molly full synthetic oils

https://www.ramspeed.com.au/