Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Premium Bluetooth Kit Install

VW Premium Bluetooth Kit Install

Hi Guys,

Everything has finaly been sorted with my new Golf MKVI 118TSI, and I got a good deal on the same car that I was waiting for + a couple of more accessories. I take delivery of the car next week.

In the mean time I have purchased a VW Premium bluetooth kit from poland over ebay for $750 AUS (approximately) and would need someone to install. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. I am in Sydney and am happy to pay for the job.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers!

p.s. this is the link to the kit I purchased. It arrived in about 8 days. I emailed them to order the kit and paid using paypal.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-RN...mZ190301037906

Hi Gulliver_twist,
    sorry, this isn't an answer to your question, but I'm just wondering how you went with the delivery problems? Did VWA come up with the goods or did you have to track something down with the same spec?

The only reason I ask is my dealer keeps saying there's nothing wrong with the order I've just put in, even tho' i haven't asked... which makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the order (they're such a trusty bunch those dealers!!). Oh, and congrats on getting your new car and not having to wait for more long months!

Hi Teresi,

I was offered a loan car to wait out a car like mine in the next shipment and offered the MDI interface for free. I then inquired about any cars with more specs than mine and got a good price on such a car. I decided not to wait. I also dropped 3k from the price of the more spec car by getting them to remove the GPS and replace it with my own which I purchased separately from Tommy Cupra.
    VWA basically said to sort any issues with the dealer, take my money elsewhere, or take legal action..

p.s. if you are worried about your order, maybe visit the dealer again and get him to show you that your car has been booked and is definitely not available in the pool of unallocated cars... Someone in the other thread mentioned to get a stock number.
    cheers!
    Last edited by guliver_twist; 25-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Hi, I find this thread interesting as I'm looking at getting a Golf and have been told there are some on the boat and they should be here in may for delivery end of may with all the mod cons..

Question: How do you know before you sign your life away how that you will get your car as quoted by the deal?

Has anyone had issues with not having your car delivered on time ?

guliver_twist what car did you end up getting and what options and price if you do not mind ? thanks for all your info..

thanks

Cheers for that guliver_twist. Well done on ending up with the car you wanted!
    And cheers for the advice - it's all probably legit - just me being unnecessarily suspicious of car dealers given the reliable bunch I've found them to be!

Freebo, when you sign up you can either go for one that's in stock, which you'll get pretty much straight away, or you may have to wait for one that's 'on the water' or yet to be shipped. Legally, as long as you make sure the dealer includes the Chassis or VIN number on your contract, and a date in the ETA box, you've got grounds to get out of the contract if they double-book your car or pull some other act of dodgeyness! good luck!

[QUOTE=guliver_twist;315286]Hi Guys,

In the mean time I have purchased a VW Premium bluetooth kit from poland over ebay for $750 AUS (approximately) and would need someone to install. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. I am in Sydney and am happy to pay for the job.

Nice one on the new car!
    Why did you order this kit from Poland and not have it built with the car?
    Cheers

jeloz

The premium VW bluetooth kit is not a standard option offered by vw australia, although it is in just about every other country. I guess they didn't want to bother with it here, as it requires a phone that has rSAP support to work. Also if it was offered I would most probably have needed to wait for a custom build slot in Germany to have the car factory fitted with it, which equals to 4-6 months of waiting after ordering...Not an easy thing to do he he

Update: In the mean time I have had the car kit installed by European Auto Tech in Mona Vale (sydney)..

Hope that answers your question

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    What is the bluetooth option offered by VW in Australia if it is not this. I was offered bluetooth for $800 installed by VW prior to the purchase of my Golf VI, is there a generic option or lesser quality brand used here in Aus. I just presumed it was the RNS510 component that was installed.
    2018 Skoda Superb TDI
    2010 Skoda Superb TDI
    2009 Golf VI 118 TSI
    2006 Multivan TDI SOLD

I have heard mention of a parrot kit approved by vw, which integrates with the streeting wheel, but does not intergrate with rns-510 and the MFD. However it might be best to confirm by someone who knows what the current position might be from VW.
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by guliver_twist View Post
    The premium VW bluetooth kit is not a standard option offered by vw australia, although it is in just about every other country. I guess they didn't want to bother with it here, as it requires a phone that has rSAP support to work. Also if it was offered I would most probably have needed to wait for a custom build slot in Germany to have the car factory fitted with it, which equals to 4-6 months of waiting after ordering...Not an easy thing to do he he

Update: In the mean time I have had the car kit installed by European Auto Tech in Mona Vale (sydney)..

Hope that answers your question

Cheers!
    yes question answered - thank you - but how crap is it that VW Australia still do not have this as a standard option? what is rSAP by the way? how much was the install in Mona Vale?

Jeloz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast