Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electrics problem (windows half-way down) ?

electrics problem (windows half-way down) ?

I don't know exactly what happened-- I got a call from my dad this arvo saying he went out to his Golf and when he got there all 4 of its windows were exactly half-way down.... The car had been locked and the windows shut when he last used it. Unless he sat on the remote while he was on the couch, I have no idea how/why the windows would behave that way..

has anyone else had this problem before ?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

just found a thread on it:
    Windows with a mind of their own - uk-mkivs
    '01 Saab 9-3 S
    past rides: '01 Bora 4motion, '03 Golf Sport 2slow, '92 Ford Laser GL wagon (caught on fire)

Users Country Flag
    Never happened on our MKV GTI in the 3 years we had it and never on our MKVI R which we have 6 months.

I had faults like this on our company Commodore and also on a Falcon and I know of two Camry's at work with similar fault so it isnt just VW

In one case it was a faulty control module, in another case a faulty remote and in another case a fault in two regulators

Users Country Flag
    Its a feature. If you press and hold the open button on the remote, the all 4 windows wind down. Press and hold lock, the wind up. It can be enabled/disabled in the MFD settings under comfort from memory. Happened to me one day at work when it rained. Needless to say I disabled that feature.
    Pepper Grey MY11 TIGUAN 125 TSI DSG | APR Stage 1 | Comfort Pack | Carpet Mats | MDI | BT | Tint | Custom Audio

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Its a feature. If you press and hold the open button on the remote, the all 4 windows wind down. Press and hold lock, the wind up. It can be enabled/disabled in the MFD settings under comfort from memory. Happened to me one day at work when it rained. Needless to say I disabled that feature.
    Not always mate

This is a known fault

I use the auto windows down function a lot in summer

However, in the issue listed, as noted in the referenced thread, the windows go down about 8 cm even without touching the remote (assuming the father in this case was indeed not sitting on the remote )
    8VSS2L/16 E9E9 XG MP SPP1 4ZD 6XK CSC5P with an extra free 10kW

haha, thanks for the replies. Turns out the old man was leaning on the remote, so just human error this time. Thankfully it isn't one of the issues listed in that earlier thread...
    '01 Saab 9-3 S
    past rides: '01 Bora 4motion, '03 Golf Sport 2slow, '92 Ford Laser GL wagon (caught on fire)

When it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

I've not heard of a confirmed instance of a windows-down fault with the Mk6.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    If it was sitting on the remote the auto down puts them all the way down, not part way as mentioned

Something doesn't seem right.

No ducks I suspect

i'll keep tabs on him, report back if anything suspect happens
    '01 Saab 9-3 S

Users Country Flag
    The windows immediately cease operating in situ as soon as you lift your thumb/finger (in this case, butt cheek) off the button. That is, windows down fully close/open. It relies on you to HOLD the button down to complete the operation. Otherwise, windows will stop at whatever position they were in at the time of the button being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    If it was sitting on the remote the auto down puts them all the way down, not part way as mentioned

Something doesn't seem right.

No ducks I suspect
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag

Mine auto down after a long press

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast