Thread: VW Golf MK6 118 TSI 2010 Limp Mode and Turbo cutting out, Engine Light On Yellow

Users Country Flag

VW Golf MK6 118 TSI 2010 Limp Mode and Turbo cutting out, Engine Light On Yellow

I need help please.

My 2010 MK6 118TSI 2010 GOLF done 15000km. Yes only 15000km. Garraged for 4 years as i was interstate. Had some clicking noise few months ago. Then occasionally it would go into the limp mode, namely wouldn't allow more than 3000 revs. Especially if I drove it a bit harder. No engine check light appeared so i thought nothing of it. The other day it did the same thing but yellow engine check light came on. Now it will go over 3000 revs twice in the morning when cold and engages limp mode for the rest of the day with Yellow Engine Light on all the time. I have read hundreds of threads and a lot of them point to the N75 valve. Worth mentioning that i found a small coolant drops on the garage floor twice in the last three months. Very small not even a shooter glass combined. Coolant may be something totally different to what i have described above.

I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Zak

Users Country Flag
    Will it rev past 3000 rpm or not? (when driving)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Only once or twice when cold will go over 3000 revs and then it cuts out at 3000.

Thank you The One.

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2010 TDI Tiguan with limp mode being activated under acceleration. Apparently related to the turbo. Suggestion by the mechanic is replacement of a valve ($310). If that does not work, replacement of the turbo ($4,000) - yikes! Will keep you posted. Also interested if anyone has ideas for this problem....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by obyone View Post
    I have a 2010 TDI Tiguan with limp mode being activated under acceleration. Apparently related to the turbo. Suggestion by the mechanic is replacement of a valve ($310). If that does not work, replacement of the turbo ($4,000) - yikes! Will keep you posted. Also interested if anyone has ideas for this problem....
    100% turbo actuator.

Drop me your location and i can have a look if you like mate.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

My turbo works fine just that supercharger is not working and when the vehicle worms up it goes into the limp mode ie wont go over 3000 revs.

Is the supercharger fuse blown?