Thread: Stock or Aftermarket Head Unit?

Users Country Flag

Stock or Aftermarket Head Unit?

Hi folks,

I just got my MK6 delivered. Unfortunately it came with a japanese navigation HU (Clarion 512SDCW) which I really don't like. I want to replace it and I have two options: 1. Get a stock vw HU (I'm targeting the RCD510) or 2. Get an aftermarket HU. The VW has steering controls whose function I need to keep.

Which is the best 2-din aftermarket HU I can get with a budget of about $500 USD that will let me keep my full SWC (from audio to phone) as well as canbus such as AC operation?

I've scoured the internet but all HU's that can do everything either cost the earth or don't fully support everything as good as the factory HU. I'm not considering those cheap unbranded android HUs, only the major brands (Sony, Pioneer, Alpine etc). Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Keith.

Hey mate,

I can recommend the RCD330+ from Aliexpress which have Bluetooth, Android auto and Carplay, largely being plug and play for MK6 Golf. Looks stock but does however loose the display of climate controls on the screen. But it does retain all steering wheel controls which is a plus. In addition if you want, you can run through a reversing camera if need be. Have one myself and couldn't be happier.

Crngiar RCD510 RCD330g Plus 6.5"MIB Radio Carplay App Android Auto For VW Tiguan Golf 5 6 polo Ameo MK5 MK6 Passat Vento Touran-in Car Radios from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    2010 Golf GTi DSG- Candy White - Superchips Stage 2 - APR Cold Air Intake - DCC - XForce 3" Downpipe + Varex Catback - 18' Velos - R LED Tailights

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Wow, I'm looking at this. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbabu View Post
    Wow, I'm looking at this. Thanks mate.
    They're awesome. Check out the discussion thread here:

Replacing RNS 510 with RCD 330+