Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still own your Mk6 GTI from new?

Users Country Flag

still drive mine from new, bought in 2013, 87.000km today

Users Country Flag
    I'm still driving mine every day since I bought it back in 2013. 75K old and still drives like new! Can't beat that VW quality!

Users Country Flag
    Bought new in 2012. Love it! Great fun swerving round potholes in Byron Shire. Only 15K as OH won't drive with me. Might be something to do with the potholes . . .

Bought new in 2011 - still driving 87K later.
    Mark 7.5 2018 White Golf R with Driver Assist & Dynaudio packages.
    Polo 77TSI White Comfortline DSG - partner drives
    We are a VW family

Users Country Flag
    Still got my MK6 from Dec 2011 and still going strong @ 100000kms.
    More recently started to develop a slight shudder under load along with a 'miss' after a cold start.
    Changed plugs and coils but still not cured.
    I did return the car to VW (Camberwell, Vic) back in 2012 , from memory, with a hesitation / shudder problem and they ran the analyser which came up with a spacer being needed. Spacer fitted (somewhere) and problem solved.
    Manual transmission by the way.

Users Country Flag
    I miss my 3-door MK6 GTI sooooo much!!! (Sold it a few months back to another VW enthusiast)
    So Santa, if you are listening, please gift wrap an MK8 GTI/R and leave it under my Christmas tree! Thanks Santa!
    [MK6 GTI MY11 CW 3-door DSG Sunroof Detroits Dark Tint R LEDs APR Stage 1 (regrettably a few years late)]

Users Country Flag
    Still have my 2012 MY13 GTI. Only factory option on it are the bi-xenons. 41k kms. Had clip fitted to wastegate to eliminate rattle. Unplugged soundaktor. Only gone through one set of tyres and a battery. Still on original brake pads!

Alas, I have an Mk7.5 R on order (pickup in Jan!) so I'll have to sell the GTI soon!
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Well after 6.5 years , and I said I would cry when I sold it ,I didn't , I did the deed , best and longest owned car in my life .
    The lure of a gorgeous clubsport 40the edition manual finally dragged me in .
    Sold the mk6 to a scotsman who will appreciate it and care for it , its so hard to find manuals in OZ , whats with all the DSG , more manuals in the UK haha .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by elephino View Post
    I've still got mine. 162,000kms young.
    2011 155000 young

Users Country Flag

Yep, still have my stock standard 2010 Mk6 GTI. I didnt add anything to it, tartan seats 17"wheels. I've had it since new. Has just done over 104,000km and still very happy with it. Dreading the day when i have to sell it or it starts falling apart. 😢

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123