Support VWWC

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Second Hand" / "2nd Hand" MK6 Golf Thread

so GTREA.... you going to sell me your car or what?
    with those specs and your price expectations, the 37k I had in my head is starting to look high...

Haha, I only paid $42000 for it at Xmas, I'd put it on carsales for 40k, I like quick easy sales

But yeah not for sale....yet!

did you buy it brand new or second hand? If brand new can you PM me the dealer you bought it off? that seems like a really good deal.
    I agree, I advertise my cars for close to my lowest price to avoid the hassle.

I'm the first registered owner, but car had 300 kms on it, was used by one of the sales guys, and probably the odd test drive I'd say?

DVG Melville Volkswagen, I was there yesterday, looks like the boat has just come in....plenty of stock out the back including a nice black 3dr which is what I originally wanted

Users Country Flag
    That's a great price mate and if you listed at 40 but were prepared to offload at 38k you'd definitely get a quick and easy sale.

Users Country Flag
    Optioning a car up is not always about trying to get better resale down the track! I got sunroof and leather because I like them, not because it was going to be a good or bad idea for resale. I also think the Jacky fabric seats in the golf look like crap, that's my opinion, I say screw tradition sometimes

I didnt buy as I also imagine many others didn't buy their car to get a better resale. I bought it because I like the car and enjoy sitting in it and driving it. It's a nice place to be!

But I do agree on the comments that options do not necessarily mean better resale, but then again, no options can also mean worse resale as factory options are hard to add or emulate later

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2011 5DR GOLF GTI DSG 6 CANDY WHITE - LEATHER, SUNROOF, 18" DETROITS, MDI, BT

Users Country Flag
    i had similar exprience when i was buying my gti i mean back in 2010, most used private sale mk6 gti prices were actually higher then dealer offerings during the EOFY sales, i mean one i enquired about in melbourne was 43k one with dsg and mdi with 2800km and i needed up one with leather, and dsg for 43.5k drive away with only 277km and i am the first registered owner. At the of the day, it pains me to say but people are expecting unrealistic depreciation levels for their GTIs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPanDAX View Post
    Optioning a car up is not always about trying to get better resale down the track! I got sunroof and leather because I like them, not because it was going to be a good or bad idea for resale. I also think the Jacky fabric seats in the golf look like crap, that's my opinion, I say screw tradition sometimes

I didnt buy as I also imagine many others didn't buy their car to get a better resale. I bought it because I like the car and enjoy sitting in it and driving it. It's a nice place to be!

But I do agree on the comments that options do not necessarily mean better resale, but then again, no options can also mean worse resale as factory options are hard to add or emulate later
    Yeah I dont think people option up cars to get better resale, I just dont think they get much more than a less optioned one come resale.

For example in 3 years time a standard $42000 new Golf GTi may be worth say $25'000, a fully optioned $55'000 Golf with the same kms, in the same condition will fetch maybe $2000 more.

What you will achieve is a quicker sale as you would have a more attractive product.

I wanted a Golf GTi....Golf GTi to me is Jacky trim and Detroits, lose them and its not a GTi to me...may as well buy an 'R'.

However I have just bought a Skoda vRS Wagon and cannot stand the factory seats, so would only consider ones with leather...go figure

Users Country Flag
    Guys, please note that this thread is not a place for you to sell your cars. We have a classified section with specific rules to go along with that.

I'm happy for people to use this thread to guage the value of second hand MK6 Golf's, but anyone who tries to sell their car within this thread will just have their posts deleted.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    Guys, please note that this thread is not a place for you to sell your cars. We have a classified section with specific rules to go along with that.

I'm happy for people to use this thread to guage the value of second hand MK6 Golf's, but anyone who tries to sell their car within this thread will just have their posts deleted.

Cheers
    Hahaha...talk about jumping the gun.

No ones selling any cars dood

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast