Thread: Rubbing on H&R Lowering Springs

Users Country Flag

Rubbing on H&R Lowering Springs

Hi guys, I’ve recently installed H&R lowering springs on my mk6 GTi, I’m running 18x8.5 et35 Enkei RS05rr’s and am experiencing some sort of rubbing when my car bottoms out on bumps. I don’t think they’re rubbing on the guards, so rolling my guards wouldn’t fix he issue, or would it? I believe it’s rubbing either on the screw or fender underneath, but am unsure. Has anyone experienced the same, or know how I can fix this issue.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Common issue with lowered Mk5 and Mk6 Golf's with wider wheels is rubbing of the front tyres on a tab/screw holding the plastic inner wheel liner on. You can bend the tab to give a little more clearance which should solve your issue (unless the car is excessively low etc).

Users Country Flag
    switch to 18 x 8 +45 or 18 x 8.5 +45 max.

offset 8.5 wide with +35 is guaranteed to rub. tested and proven to rub since 2006 onto the mk5 and mk6 golf fenders. period.
    Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - Super Select 2WD/4WD
    Toyota 86 GTS Performance Pack Moon Slate - RWD
    MINI Cooper S Clubman - FWD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Common issue with lowered Mk5 and Mk6 Golf's with wider wheels is rubbing of the front tyres on a tab/screw holding the plastic inner wheel liner on. You can bend the tab to give a little more clearance which should solve your issue (unless the car is excessively low etc).
    Thanks for the advice, I have since bent the plastic and it certainly rubs less now. Sometimes still rubs when the car bottoms out, maybe need coilovers in the future haha, cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man. I'm actually seriously going to put the same setuo to my golf as well. With the fender screw mod done and fender pulling, is there still rubbing? And are your h&r springs 28988-1 as well?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk