Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RNS510 map update issue

RNS510 map update issue

Hi Everyone,
    I have installed a second hand unit RNS510 on my golf mk6 2012 but I did not get the original DVD map from previous owner. I have just bought from dealer the version 8 (V but when I started the install he asked me to put the map DVD which I don’t have. I have checked the map version by using the secret mode of unit and now map version I have found is 7920. It seems to correspond to version V6, please correct me if I am wrong. I have tried to find this DVD but I have been unsuccessful.

I was wondering if someone could help me on this issue? I can buy a DVD if one of you you is not using it or if maybe someone knows a link that I couldn’t download the map from it would be highly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Nick

Users Country Flag
    If you bought it from the dealer it should load ok unless its the same version
    the V8 map is 2014 i should only ask if you want to install it to the Hard Drive other wise it will work off the CD while you leave it in the RNS 510
    Im using the V9 which is 8335
    Last edited by ian; 03-02-2018 at 04:43 PM.

I have inserted the V8 DVD I have bought them it asked me to insert DVD of map which I don’t have. It won’t allow me to do anything and I keep getting the message “insert map” on the screen . I have bought the unit from a guy second hand so I am a bit stuck .. any advice on what to do ?

Users Country Flag
    What version is the rns you might have to upgrade the soft ware. Go to the Audio section there is plenty of information there

I have version 4120 on the unit. Is there a more recent one?

CHeers

Users Country Flag
    5238 And if the unit has the same map version you are trying to load it wont do it You can only go up or down Eg 6 over 5 or even 5 from 6 but you cant reinstall the same one EG 6 - 6

Your post is very confusing as you say you bought a MAP DISK V8 and when you put it in it says insert MAP disk what do you really mean.

Also dont ask for copies on here as its not acceptable in Forum rules.

If in fact it is rejecting the MAP disk the unit may be faulty

Look in the thread about Firmware all the links are there but there are NO MAPS.
    Most of us are on V8 as V9 is too expensive and there wont be any more apparently.
    V8 is 8207 so V7 is probably 7920
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I mean when I inserted the DVD (V that I bought, the unit started to load it and then asked to insert map DVD. So i am not sure what is going on, I bought the DVD from the dealer here in Perth.
    I can't believe this unit is that fussy really.
    Now i cannot even use this bloody GPS at all as this message stays on the screen. If I insert the the DVD i bought, nothing happens at all..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVW40 View Post
    I mean when I inserted the DVD (V that I bought, the unit started to load it and then asked to insert map DVD. So i am not sure what is going on, I bought the DVD from the dealer here in Perth.
    I can't believe this unit is that fussy really.
    Now i cannot even use this bloody GPS at all as this message stays on the screen. If I insert the the DVD i bought, nothing happens at all..
    I would be talking to the seller as it seems it maybe faulty You can do a reset by holding down the two left hand buttons and the right hand one across the top of the unit ( If I remember correctly)

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2012 Tiguan Pacific and would like to update the maps for my RNS510. I have been putting this off for some time as I do not want to brick the unit. I would appreciate advice on how to do a free update of Australian maps.
    RNS510 map update issue-20160302_131245-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RNS510 map update issue-20160302_131236-jpg  

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gwarra View Post
    I have a 2012 Tiguan Pacific and would like to update the maps for my RNS510. I have been putting this off for some time as I do not want to brick the unit. I would appreciate advice on how to do a free update of Australian maps.
    RNS510 map update issue-20160302_131245-jpg
    We dont do Free as in pirated on here or post will get removed You can buy a V8 for about $55 or a V9 for about $299

All required info is in the thread Firmware updates for RNS510 units in Australia/NZ

Most of us only have V8 and there will be no more updates for this unit

SW/version latest is 5238 from the link I gave you above

Map is 8207 which is V8

No more nothing never.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 13-12-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast